Wednesday, 6 January 2010

Turn if off candy and A is for Angel


On the ABC Christmas challenge blog they are asking that word verification is turned off and they have the chance to win some candy if you do it. Mine is turned off and I sometimes leave comments too quickly and realise I didn't do the verification -so no comment!

The first challenge on the blog is A for Angel and here is my card. I am going to try and enter all the challenges (famous last words) but it did mean reorganising my stash as usually the crimbo stuff goes away into deep storage til around September. Now if I am going to be entering this challenge and the Suzi and Vicky one starts soon, then I needed easier access!
The ribbon is from a cake I bought as it was reduced to £4 and apart from one piece I shamelessly ate the whole thing over the last few days! But hey-I got free ribbon!!! and this is only a tiny bit of it -oops now you know it was a BIG cake. I CASED the flower idea from Sarita very losely as her work is stunning and mine is imitation on a lower scale! I cut some different sized scalopped nesties and then cut to the centre, used some scissors to make them curl up a little and pinned a brad through the centre. The Angel I have had for a few years and it is the first time she has seen ink -yeh.

I am also entering into Crafty creations as they want black and white with a splash of colour.

17 comments:

Sara said...

Great way to get the ribbon Linby. Love the flower and I always like red and black for a colour combo. Great card.

Happy New Year to you.

Sara xx

Rose said...

fantastic card! luv how you got the ribbon lol and that flower..wow!! so glad you joined us on crafty creations :) *i dont like word verification for the same reason! and it takes time away from my blog hopping :)

Cheryl said...

So beautiful,love the colour combo and design!!!
xx

shelly said...

great card linby.. word verification...grrrrrr! lol
thanks so much fo rsharing with us at ccc :)
lol what better way to get ribbon! thanks for making me smile Xs2..first lovely card then the cake/ribbon comment. *smiles*

acreativeneed said...

Lovely card!! Great ribbon flower! Thanks for playing the Crafty Creations challenge!
smiles,Deena

jennruggeri75 said...

This is such an amazing card. I just love everything about it!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations!

Ann said...

That nestie flower is a great idea! I love all things black and white.

Ann said...

Thank you so much for your lovely kind comments on my blog Lindby. They are so appreciated - especially your last sweet comment about my cat..... so thoughtful - I saw your excellent photo of Angus!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Linby :-) The image is lovely ,,, :-)

thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x

Samantha said...

Lovely thank for the Word V shout too!
and thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge Samantha :0)

Cathy said...

Beautiful card and gorgeous image.
Thank you for joining in the ABC Christmas Challenge this time.
Cathy xx

Sarita said...

OOH I LOVE IT!!! It's just so fantastic to see what effects you can get just by using different papers. You've done an amazing job,
really really fab,
Love Sarita xx

Hope Jacare said...

Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations! Fab card great flower embellishment ! Cheers Claire x

{Jane} said...

Beautiful

Thanks for joining us on ABC Christmas :)

Hugs Jane x

Saskia said...

Lovely to see your work at Crafty Creations Challenge! Thanks for joining us!!

Saskia :)

LilyPuss Cards said...

Lovely card..thank you for joining us at ABC..
Jan..x

Helen said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x