Saturday, 8 October 2011

LIM week 36 - one layer + heart

This week the challenge on Less is More is one layer with a heart. I just received a new cdrom from MCS "Tinkering with Steampunk" (you can only get it from MCS at the moment not C&C). I was having a flick through it whilst waiting for the spray and shine on another project to dry - have to have a distraction 'cause I am not good at waiting LOL! When I spied this heart. I've altered the colour to be more red and put a background behind it, also altering to red and then added the little signpost with my own lettering.  Really pleased how this turned out. Not the card I was going to do, as I spent all morning trying to get a zipped file open, which in turn led me to delete my temp files - I do like a tidy up - which in turn led to me uninstalling a file I shouldn't have (still with me) then my neighbour came round in a panic as she had lost her house keys.
As of now, all my files are ok again, my neighbour has her keys, and I am off to the pub for lunch with OH for his birthday- later........

Oh - I'd also like to enter the card into CES challenges - seeing red.

34 comments:

Loli said...

Hola Linn, fantastic background!!!for this stamp, i love your stamp, i love the concept, beautiful.
A hug from Palma

Jan said...

Fab card xx Jan

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow Lynn i love this .. what a fab heart . Have a lovely lunch
Lisa x

Pauline said...

This is a wonderful creation, fabulous image.

Chrissie said...

This looks really fab Linby, you have the technological skills in spades I'd say... looks ace. I'm glad all your files are back where they belong!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jane said...

Great image and colouring. Hope your lunch was good!

You can view my card here

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Linby

What a great card so different really like it and you managed to create that whilst sorting out your computer files and coming to your neighbours aid!! I think you deserve a nice lunch at the pub!! Hope your OH enjoys his birthday.

Hugs

Tina

Suzilou said...

WOW this is stunning, what a great image, am really liking the steampunk. Have a great lunch :)

Maribel said...

Precious, I love

Lynne said...

Great card Lynn.
Lynne xxx

Vicky Hayes said...

This is unusual and really striking Linby. Hope you had a lovely lunch with OH (at least I know what it means now!) Vx

Mandi said...

This is so striking Lynn
Very different, love the colours
Thank you
Mandi LIM

Katina said...

Wow!!! What an original and very striking design! Love it!! xx

Jenni's Jems said...

Really striking design - love it!x

Jenny said...

Love this Linby, quite a different style but the cogs and findings look great on the heart :)
Jenny x

GinaA said...

Very up to date, love the image.

Merry said...

Lol...Linby...what a fun day you have had. Sounds like how I never seem to get some things done. One thing leads to another and you a way off tangent. I love this card you have created....terrific heart.

Rosemary said...

what a cool and creative card, lynn!

Carol said...

The image is great - lovely card !

Carol W

Sarah said...

Very original design!

Mim said...

Love the cogs and gears - background is fab too!

Jo Street said...

Great card.
Jo x

Anne said...

Oh wow this looks great, sounds like a very clever way to create:)
Anne
x

Suzi B said...

Oh WOW! Linby fabulous Steampunj heart!
Suzi B xx

Nicky said...

Love the heart with all the cogs and bits in it

Beryl K said...

Super card Linby,
Beryl x

Susan said...

Sounds like you had quite the morning! Love the unique heart you've used...and that splash of color is perfect!

laurie said...

Wow..awesome card!

Jennifer said...

This is awesome! Thanks for playing at CES this week,...you rocked my 'Seeing Red' theme xx Jenny xx

Carol said...

Fabulous card Linby. Carol x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous card Linby - love the steampunk heart.
Sylvia xx

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I really love this!

Vikki Whittington said...

That is a great card...differant!! Love it!!

Debgem said...

Love the whole steampunk theme! Great card!