Sunday, 19 February 2012

mono snippets







































I just loved this digi image from Tiddlyinks, as soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it, but what to do with it. So she was coloured in with fleximarkers - that is why I have put the insert picture in to show she is coloured! As you can't really see it in the main picture. I also had this background of the Eiffel tower left over from a project last year. Suddenly I realised she looked rather good against it and that piece of purple card I had embossed and distressed ages ago fitted too. So a quick look in the snippet box and Oh no the chandelier paper was pink, so a application of ink with a duster and it toned beautifully. The snipped at the bottom is from a Debbie Moore cd and the final touch a freebie sentiment ticket.
This card is obviously for the playground at Pixie's Crafty workshop no 8, and also for Passion for Promarkers - distressing and Crafty Cardmakers - mono.

19 comments:

kayc said...

So elegant. Love it. Kathleen x

Cheryl said...

oh love this Hun its gorgeous really classy piece hugs Cherylxx

Papercraft By Carole said...

A really gorgeous card - the colouring is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. Cxx

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Linby, gorgeous card and don't you just love it when a plan comes together. Love the pretty colours and the great image. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck.

Marie

Minna said...

Lovely card! :)

Di said...

Wow Linby, this is super-stunning. Everything about this card is just so, so right! Beautiful! Di xx

Lisa Jane said...

oh i just love everything about this Lynn -one of my favourites!
Lisa x

Sally H said...

It's fabulous, Lynn! I love it, and your background is perfect!

Mynnette said...

This is really pretty--LOVE that chandelier paper with your fabulous images! :) Thanks for joining us at CCM! :)

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Terrific card. I know just what you mean about falling in love with an image, only to wonder what you'll do with it!
xxx

Stephanie said...

This really is so elegant & stylish, a piece of art I think :) x

Ellie said...

Fabulous card Lynn. Love the design and paris theme!

Merry said...

Lynn this card is so beautiful and I really like how you toned the paper to match. Thanks for your lovely comments over my way.

Kimberly said...

Love the style of this one...oh i love the way you coloured this one...super fine..thanks for playing with PFP this week..

Jessica said...

I love all of the elements you have brought together. This would be perfect for the current challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show. It is gorgeous. You should head over to link it up there, too!
:O)
Jessica

Mrs A. said...

So elegant . Love all the different papers. I have that chandler paper in several colours but will have to use some of it up first before I can use it as snippets. hugs Mrs A.

Laura said...

Hi Linby, this card is so stunning! The image is lovely and what you've done with it looks great!
Laura xx

Bernie said...

Wow Linby this is stunning! Shows what fab things we can do with scraps!
Blessings Bernie

Mary said...

Oh sooooo pretty. Aren't scraps fun, especially when something so gorgeous comes from them! Very Nice!