LIM week 123 - one layer, need for speed

I had my card(s) made Saturday morning, but when I came to blog them, guess what - not one layer!!! So I had a sulk and OH thought it funny because he is always telling me to read the instructions! So, I wasn't going to bother, but I have ended up having to take today off to wait for some builders. So while I was waiting I did mark two of this card. I've used one of the Debbi Moore embossing blanks to create the embossed centre. These Holly Hobby stamps arrived on Saturday with my latest edition of Cardmaking and papercraft mag. Not the usual image to go with the theme on Less is More of Need for Speed, but I think she needs to move a fair speed to get that kite up in the air!
Here is my original card, if only I hadn't put that backing paper along the bottom edge - it would have been one layer. I coloured the image this time with watercolour pencils and a little red H20 on the kite. I'm saving my other masterpieces for another post.......
I have to share with you what one of the builders said to me on Friday. He called me out and said could I settle an argument with him and his mate. "When men play golf, what do you call that thing they place the ball on?" Quick as a flash I say "Tee",  "yes please, he says, 2 sugars"!!!! I fell for that one and probably not the first.

Comments

Doreen said…
Two beautiful cards.xxx
Merry said…
Two wonderful and clever cards. I really like the cutout on the first card.
brenda said…
I really like that image Lynn, although I rarely do cute I could be very tempted to this one. And it looks great both coloured and monochromatic.

B x
Sherry Butcher said…
Wonderful job on both cards, I like the colored on better but not by much. TFS.
GinaA said…
Love the embossed panel, gives a good 3d look and the image is inspired, I could never run fast enough to get my kite flying.
Jan said…
Lovely cards Linby! I usually read the instructions!!! xx Jan
Sue said…
Two lovely cards, that image is so pretty!
Nikbee said…
Two fabulous cards.
Nikki x
Chrissie said…
These are really interesting takes on the challenge this week Linby!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"
Vicky Hayes said…
I love the image you've chosen for need for speed Linby and the embossed centre is beautiful on the top one. You're right about getting a bit of speed up for the kite - it's HARD to get them off the ground! LOL at your builder - wonder how many times he's brought that one out! Vicky x
Anonymous said…
Beautiful cards-and such pretty images-a lovely take on the theme.You are certainly not alone in making a card for a challenge only to find out it wasn't one layer !
I expect builders(and most tradesmen)spend all day thinking up new ways to trick us into making tea LOL!
Thank you for stopping by my little Blog to say hello,i appreciate it :)
Best wishes,Nessa xx
Anne said…
Love that embossed panel and 2 super cards, I've forgotten the one layer bit more times than I care to remember :)