LIM week 181 - singin' in the rain

When the Limettes picked the theme for Less is More challenge this week I'm not sure they realised quite how topical it would be. We had constant downpours here yesterday, and no it didn't inspire me to make this card as I felt too ill to do anything yesterday.
However, I was blog surfing and came across this card on Sally's blog and remembered I had a raindrop stamp that had not yet seen ink.
So here it is with a sentiment from a Sheena Douglass stamp set. I highlighted the raindrops on the die cut with some iridescent glitter after stamping them with a London fog memento ink pad.
We've been to a preview showing of the new Planet of the Apes film today and it was spectacular - do go and see it if you can. We then went for a lovely meal and after a day of doing nothing yesterday, I felt I needed to get in the craft room today and produce!

Comments

Chrissie said…
What fabulous raindrops Linby... we have had a few recently too haven't we!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"
Sally H said…
Wonderful card, Lynn! Thanks for the mention! I hadn't made that connection for LIM either! We have had some major rain haven't we? I have been so thankful that the car has air-con and super-fast wipers on several occasions this weekend!
Jane Willis said…
Love the card - that raindrop stamp is perfect for the theme
susiestacey said…
Love the simplicity of this Lynn x Susan x
brenda said…
Fabulous card Lynn, I need those raindrops I think.

B x
Well you certainly "produced", a great card. I like the quote too.

Thanks for the thumbs up about the new Planet of the Apes film, the critics seems like it too, must go.
Anne said…
Lynn what a gorgeous card, love this stamp! Hope you're feeling better
Thank you so much for joining in this week
Anne
Less is More Designer
Lynne said…
I love that quote Lynn and it`s perfect for this challenge. Your rain drops are super too and boy have we seen some rain this month.
Lynne xxx
scrappymo! said…
Wonderful!
I have that stamp and must get it out to meet some ink. I shall make note of the London Fog colour...it is light enough that the sentiment is not covered...I like that!
The glittery bit is a brilliant idea.