LIM week 224 - Hello sunshine


The challenge on less is more this week is "Hello sunshine" hence the title of my card which I cut using a Tattered lace palatable die. I used a clever cut stencil for the outline and then raided my snippet box for the right shades of paper - this took a lot longer than I thought it would - but got there in the end! Then I mounted the whole thing onto a snippet of black card.

I'm also entering it into the snippets challenge as I used snippets.

Seems like this is the only sunshine we will be seeing this week - torrential rain here today. Very different to the beautiful sunshine we enjoyed on a weekend away in York. We even had a visit to Betty's for afternoon tea which I prebooked for the upstairs Belmont Room - more expensive, but no queuing and wasted less time.

The view from our hotel room.

Betty's

There was an ice cream boat we saw from our boat trip and it had moored when we got back. I thought it looked like these ducks had just been for an ice cream!

Comments

Cardsbymaaike said…
love York, been there a lot in the past, walk around the wall etc...your card is very bright and cheerful
Di said…
LOVE this card Lynn! It's a great use of snippets and just perfect for LIM too.

York is one of my absolute favourite places too. Great photos!

Hugs

Di xx
This is a fabulous card, love the papers and the sentiment too.
Hope your enjoying York.
Sazzle Dazzle said…
WOW! Love your take on the challenge Lynn and it's so striking, fun and cheery.
BUT I'm taken with your piccys of York too ... it's one of my favourite cities and what a gorgeous view of the minster.
You can't beat Betty's either even if you've to queue for a week to get there!
thanks for playing along at LIM, Sarah x
Sarn said…
What a lovely sunshiney card. xxx
Unknown said…
Hi Lynn what a great card and I love the papers and the design is wonderful.
Debs xx
{Debs Cards}
Craft-E-Place said…
Fabulous card, great take on the challenge - love it.
York is a fantastic place - spent my honeymoon there back in the 80's!
Elaine
Neets B said…
Wow, what a great way to use up paper snippets, and a great effect. I would love to visit York, there are so many places in our lovely country I've never seen, maybe one day I might get to see them!
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More GD
Anne said…
Lynn what a fab design and great use of patterned papers!
Bettys... yummm
Thanks so much for joining us
Anne
Less is More
Lindsey said…
Lovely cheering papers. Clever design too! X
Chrissie said…
This is a really clever take on the challenge Linby, You must have spent ages sorting out all those papers to say nothing of fitting them all into your design!
Terrific!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"
Ellibelle said…
What an amazing card design, Lynn. Simple, but stunning. Sorry you're having so much rain. But looks like you had a wonderful getway in York. Beautiful view from your room! Hope you get to see the sun again soon! Nice and sunny here in Illinois today, hope it stays, but I think rain is in the forecast.