Monday, 26 October 2015

Embossing at Ooh La La Creations Challenge Blog

Our challenge at Ooh La La this time has been chosen by Allison and it's Embossing! 

One of the things I love to do is mix up cd crafting with other materials. So for my card I've used a fav embossing folder of mine called vintage buttons. I then took the Paula Oakley cdrom and used the LOVE button image and embossed the co-ordinating background paper.


Because I used this lovely paper with the corner peeled back I made sure that I only embossed part of the paper to maintain the image of the corner peeling back. I did have to put it through twice in different directions to achieve that! I also used some TH Victorian velvet ink to highlight the embossing. 
Underneath the corner I placed digitally a shrunken version of my main image. I used some mirri card to die cut a frame and added a few buttons cut from burnished silver card. Finally - a little pink bow.

Thanks for looking at my DT creation - can't wait to see what you make. Remember you don't have to use a cd but there are some fab freebies on the ooh la la creations page here for you to use for this challenge or any other creations you make.

3 comments:

Janice said...

Very pretty - think that embossing folder was made for that image! Jx

Michelle J M said...

Lynn this is so pretty. I am a huge gingham fan! Your embossing looks gorgeous and I love the way you have hi lighted it. Michelle x

Faith A said...

CLEVER card, love the mini image below the curled up corner.

Funny thing is I did a curled corner this week, but can't blog it yet.