Saturday, 2 July 2016

LIM week 283 - colours of your kitchen

It's time for colour challenge week on Less is More and this time they want to see the colour of your kitchen. Mine is Cream/browns and black accessories so this was my starting point.

My work tops are dark wood. So I took some scraps of paper and cut them into strips, mounting them onto a piece of card with gesso, leaving a small gap between each one. I then used brown acrylic paints to colour and then cut out to form the wood effect panel in the centre of the card.

I cut a TH ink splat out of black gloss card and a large circle for mounting. I then used cream card to cut out the Seth Apter die (yes I used it yesterday as well!)  once and also out of a piece of pearlescent card that I had embossed and sprayed with TH pewter ink. I then mounted this die cut into the negative space left on the cream card.

Finally I used  little sticker that I had over the top of the design.

14 comments:

Esther said...

Phenomenal card! It looks absolutely incredible, beautifully made and so distinctive. Super LIM entry, well done!

brenda said...

So imaginative Lynn and amazed to see that splay is a die, another for the wish list.

B x

Deborah Artliff said...

Morning Lynn what a wonderful card and your design is wonderful.
Debs xxx
{Debs Cards}

julie_woolston said...

Fantastic card Lynn amazing design.
Hugs Julie xxx

Kathyk said...

This is super and so striking

Kathyk

Seth said...

Great card. And who doesn't love a big splat!

Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! a GREAT card.
Faith
x

Sharon said...

Stunning card Linby. There are so many elements yet it still remains CAS. Love the negative space and that gorgeously delicate see-through sentiment next to the bold and glossy ink splat. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing this with us.
Sharon xx
Less is More

linda said...

i LOVE this card lynn! it's creative, striking and keeps the eyes moving around to take in all the detail. beautifully done!

Sid said...

Great imagery Linby !

Chrissie said...

This is amazing Linby... I think I spotted this die online and was drawn to it... I think it's going to have to go on my list now!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

lililindsay said...

A fabulously original design with great techniques.

Viv said...

Such a great card Lynn, just ideal for this week's LIM challenge too ;) Viv xx

Karen D. said...

very cool looking card!