Glass snippets!


I went to a fused glass workshop the other week, but the work has to be then fired in a kiln so I only got to pick up what I had made today. I am so pleased how it all turned out. The earrings and necklace above are snippets I had left over from making the main necklace piece below. I decided to just put them on some black glass and with the necklace I also added a couple of grey stringers of glass down either side.


These coasters are the first pieces we made and you can see the larger piece of black glass that I started with here. 
Then we made suncatchers, again some of these pieces are snippets from other workshops. I used little glass beads for the flowers and in the "sea" one. I enjoyed making these more and was quicker than making the coasters as you don't have to be so accurate with your cutting.

Off to the snippets playground to show everyone. I did mention the other week that the guy running the course keeps glass snippets and even the glass dust. This he then reheats and "fuses" into other pieces. 

I've just been reminded that the pendant would fit with this weeks Less is More challenge of Peacock feather colours- so I am popping it in as a second entry.

I'm also linking up with Crafting is my therapy.

Comments

Jane Willis said…
Well I drooled over these photos on Facebook and I'm drooling even more now. I'm going to have to find out whether there's a class anywhere near here. I'm totally amazed that you did so much in one day!
Jane
Sue B said…
Wow these are fab, strangely I went to a gorgeous little cottage on the beach last week to talk about doing a taster in glass fusion...you've confirmed I want to do it!, Love the seaside piece especially. Thanks for your lovely comment on my card recently too x
Anonymous said…
sounds like fun!! these are all gorgeous, but i especially like the pink/black and green/black ones since my fave colour combo is pink/green.
brenda said…
Something really different Lynn and each piece had such intensity of colour.

B x
Juls said…
These are fab xx
Kathyk said…
WOW! Fab projects but LOVING the LIM entry

Kathyk
Dotty Jo said…
Wow, how fabulous! I've always wanted to try this myself. You obviously have a talent craft as all pieces look great, Jo x
Sue - said…
Fabulous makes, the necklace colours are just gorgeous!
Sarah G said…
What a treat to see these beautiful glass creations! I love that necklace and the colours are perfect for our challenge this week. Thank you for sharing with us at Less is More :)
Di said…
Wow! These really are snippets with a difference and absolutely gorgeous too! You must be so thrilled with those wonderful results Lynn. A lady who shoots in Len's archery club does a lot of similar work and has offered to show me how - maybe I should take her up on the offer?!

Hugs

Di xx
Wow, what fantastic pieces, I love the necklace and the gorgeous colours it gives.

Sue xx
Unknown said…
Oh what a gorgeous delight Linby!!! Fused glass is something I've fancied having a go at for a while and now you've definitely inspired. What stunning creations and love the peacock coloured pendant. Awesome as ever! Thanks for sharing and playing along with us at Less is More this week.
Sarah
Esther said…
Absolutely stunning, Linby! What beautiful colours and such a striking finished effect - I love it! Really fantastic :)
Wow! Super-creative and jaw-droppingly beautiful pieces Linby. You are a clever person. That peacock colour piece is absolutely stunning. Thank you for sharing these with us at Less is More.
Sharon xx
Aileen said…
wow talk about talented. Stunning pieces, just love the black with the colours added and your coasters are spot on.
Barb said…
Hi Linby only just returned from holiday so I missed this. I have just seen this as one of Pixie's spotlights this week - Congratulations. The workshop looks like lots of fun and your pieces are absolutely gorgeous. At fist glance I thought it was friendly plastic until I read on. Absolutely beautiful. Barbxx
Jennifer Jain said…
They are absolutely beautiful! I've been fascinated by fused glass lately, I really need to have a go at it! Thank you for linking up to #craftingismytherapy
These are really pretty, I would love to have a go at making some fused glass myself! I have a friend who is a ceramicist & she often uses glass beads combined with clay. The colour & texture of the glass really transforms after being fired in her kiln. Thank you for linking up to #craftingismytherapy
Sue J said…
Oh wow. These are lovely! I'd be rushing out to buy a kiln... Well, in theory, anyway. Beautiful work. Sue at The World of Suzy Homemaker via #CraftingismyTherapy
Anonymous said…
These are so pretty and clever! #craftingismytherapy
Unknown said…
These are so lovely! I've always wanted to have a go at this, your post has inspired me to look into it properly. Gorgeous creations #craftingismytherapy