LIM #316 Alphabet


Alphabets is the challenge theme on Less is More this week. I have a love of typeface, typewriters etc so I could have made many more cards than these two - but I stopped myself.

The first one uses a TH die and I cut it from a piece of a brusho background I had in my brusho snippet box. The second card is a TH stamp that I just love and have been waiting to use. This is how I learnt to type using a picture like this - then later I went to college and learnt it all over again!

I added the sentiment using a TL alphabet die and the @ symbol from the TH die. I wish it had been that simple in practice. I cut all the letters then stood up to get something and swooshed them all off the desk, onto my cardigan and the floor. It took a while to find them all again. Then I was being so careful to put the letters on and decided to use tweezers - which promptly fell apart in my hand!

As I used black snippets and my brusho snippets I am also popping over to the Snippets Playground with my makes.

Comments

Di said…
Two really great cards for the current LIM challenge - my favourite is the snippets one - so clever Lynn! Despite swiping the letters onto the floor - thought it was only me that did that! :)

Did you learn to type to music as well? I only did typing as a 'filler' during Sixth Form but am so glad I did. Who knew then we'd be tapping away at keyboards so much!

Hugs

Di xx
Viv said…
Great cards Linby!
Susan said…
These two cards are so fun...love the creativity! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!
Barb said…
Two great makes Lynn. The stamp on the second is lovely and I particularly like your tag. What a fun idea. Barbxx
Esther said…
These are absolutely brilliant! I love, love, love the falling letters on the first one (and the Brusho background is gorgeous). That stamp on your second one... watch out, I may need to find your house and pinch it! :p Stunning! And such a clever sentiment too. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)
Sarn said…
What a great take on the LIM challenge. Love BOTH cards.

Hugs, Sarn xxx
Darnell said…
These are both amazing, Linby!! But I have to say, I really love that first one with the "leaking" tag!! Hugs, Darnell
Kathyk said…
Smashing make and a fab idea to use the cut out letters like a "letterfall" too!

Kathyk
Mac Mable said…
So so clever both of your creations. The tag card has worked out brilliantly. Loving the colours of the Brusho's and so creative. What patience and creativity on the second one..sorry you had a time of it but well worth the effort. Thank you for sharing these clever cards x
WOW! so VERY clever, and GREAT thinking.
Faith
x
Neets B said…
Two great creations for our challenge. Love the tag with the selected falling lettering. Gorgeous brusho blend too. That typrewriter image takes me back to college too, that's how I learned to touch type too.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x
scrappymo! said…
ahahahaha...this made me giggle as it is so fun!