Art Deco Purse


Something a bit different from me today. This is a purse that I have made for my MIL for Mothers Day. It was a pattern I saw in a magazine three years ago - I got all the materials and then.......
In a way it worked out ok, because the boiled wool I used for the purse is left over from a waterfall jacket I made the other week. I think it suits the purse better than the polka dot material which was originally going to be the purse material. 


 This is when I first cut everything out.

Then I did the embroidery and added the buttons. I should have ended up with a mirror image - if you see the mag you would know mine is the wrong way around - but I went with it.

Last time I made a purse it was on a workshop and we glued in the material which I felt was cheating. However, having now had to do this one with the sew in technique I can appreciate the glue is easier. 
I was going to make two more of these, not sure I can face it now! Maybe I will do the applique again but on something different for myself, as I do love her.

I feel sure my MIL is going to ask why she only has one eye!!! Someone did suggest to tell her that she is an art deco pirate LOL!

I won another fab prize - this time $50 to spend at Simon Says!!! I have been entering the challenge for years and never thought I would win - it's a random draw - and my number came up at last.

Comments

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
brenda said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
scrappymo! said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.