Friday, 17 July 2009

Paper piercing




The challenge on 365 cards today is to use paper piercing. Now, I had to read this a few times as some weeks ago I was looking at cards which I thought had used piercing but it was piecing! Spent ages trying to see where they had used piercing - really, at a quick glance these two techniques are easy to get mixed up.

So - this is piercing which I have put around the heart stamp and then on the K&CO remake lilac paper. The background paper is probably classed as vintage -I think I bought it in about 1995 - of course I have been saving it............ great things about these challenges for me is that I am using stuff LOL.
I have also tried a new thing for me with the oversized ribbon - never done it before but it was sitting in my box (must have come wrapped around something) and the colour was so perfect. The ribbon through the plastic sentiment is cut off from some clothing I bought, (most tops you buy now have this sewn in them to stop them falling off the hanger) in fact most of my small ribbon comes to me this way now.

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

Great job with your piercing :)

Queenie said...

Gorgeous card Linby and love the colours.
xxx