Monday, 13 July 2009

Through a window



The challenge on 365 cards today is to have a card with a window on it. I have taken this literally as I have been dying to work with the diecuts I got from Die cut dreams. I haven't got a die cutting machine (freak I hear you all cry!) so I bought some from Susie and this is my first go at playing with them. I am disappointed the picture doesn't show some lovely silver and black gingham paper I used to replicate a blind at the window of the door.
I also put some "dovecraft" paper inside the door to make it look like it is the inside of the shop - see right.
I am also entering this over on the Paperplay challenge - which someone kindly suggested this card fits, as the theme is fashion.


8 comments:

sugar n spice said...

Gorgeous card Linby, the concept is great and the die cuts. Good luck in the challenge.
Suzi xx

~amy~ said...

What an excellenge card for the challenge Linby!!!

Bohemian Gypsy said...

I love it Linby what a great card.
Regards
Michelle M

Made by Mandy said...

Ooh, what a pretty card. You could also enter this into the challenge at Paperplay which is a fashion theme this week.

Sandie said...

Great card!! Love it, so pretty and unique.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week :)

Julie M said...

Great card, Linby - I love the idea of making a fashion boutique - the window, shop awning and door are just fab.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay.

Julie

Gloria Stengel said...

This is super creative and very cute!

Helen said...

Love the shop window idea!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x