Monday, 7 September 2009

Day 191 - musical Monday


the challenge for today on 365 cards and is inspired by the song Chantilly Lace, by The Big Bopper. There was a man at work who used to do a Big Bopper impression - and pretend to take a telephone out of his coat (this is apparently what Big Bopper did - it is a bit (a lot) before my time!). Anyway, I thought of the words of the song, and the ones that stuck were - chantilly lace and big eyed girl.

I have had this stamp for a long time, it was part of a job lot on ebay. to me she looks scary with those big eyes, I photographed the stamp too, just to prove that there are two dots on her forehead - what is that about??? Now I look at the rest of the song it says "pretty face" ah well can't have everything LOL.
I didn't realise that the paper I stamped on had a grain on it, decided to leave it as I quite like the effect of the cross hatching. The lace effect is using glitter art with a piece of lace. I had to use daubers and colour her in as in a solid colour she is even scarier!

5 comments:

Susie Sugar said...

Gorgeous card love the image and the paper you've used nice and glitzy.
Hugs Susie xx

Carolyn V said...

Love the art glitter lace! I had to laugh at your reaction to the stamp, though... those two dots are indeed pretty weird - but she's cute the way you've coloured her. :)

Rose said...

beautiful!! love the stamp and the buterfly :)

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi,
I love this card. The papers are fab and that image is cute. I think it's great.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Gloria Stengel said...

Good job. But your commentary cracked me up! Love your sense of humor.