Monday, 5 October 2009

Black and white plus one - Japanese style



I so wanted to make at least one card for the WCMD challenge on Nichole Heady's PTI blog . There were four cards to be made each with a different country as inspiration. I only had time to do one card before tomorrow's deadline, so I chose Japan. I've used PTI "in bloom" paper in black and white, as the image reminded me of the Chrysanthemum flower that is popular in Japanese art. I placed a transparent sticker over it and cut around it. The stamps are from an Asian Artsy collage book, added a peel off of a coin and some bamboo stickers.

Once I had made it I realised that it fitted with the Papertake weekly challenge for black and white plus one other colour, mine is the purple on the stamps.
I think it has turned out to be quite a masculine card - what do you think?

2 comments:

Rybiooka said...

Very nice colors, beautiful piece of

Mojo Hugs said...

Ooh I love this oriental card! Terrific!