Saturday, 10 October 2009

Foreground/background image and the mystery continues!




On 365 cards today the challenge is to create layers with foreground and background image. I used my PTI set "on my couch" to create this little scene. I stamped the chair onto patterned paper and cut around then raised on pads. I also cut out the lampshade and the base from some co-ordinating papers and raised on pads and finally stamped a cushion onto the same paper as the band at the bottom and cut it out and put it in the chair. Great way to use offcuts of paper.





The mystery continues as no one as yet can tell me what this loop shape in the middle of the template is - any ideas???



9 comments:

Chrissie said...

Great minds think alike... I did a chair too Linby! It works doesn't it!
As for your odd shape, how about if you turned it the other way up and stuck it into the boot to make a leg!!

Rose said...

love your crad :0) the shape .... as chrissie said a leg looks right

Vicky said...

awesome card! when I saw the challenge for today, I was regretting that I never ordered this set from PTI...love it!

TesaB said...

Gorgeous card!!! Love that set too! (don't have it though). And no clue about the shape. Leg is a possibility.

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Linby,
What a simple but classy card. I love it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Inger said...

Beautiful card!! So clean and simple. Lovely!!

greetings, Inger

Merry said...

I think it might be a bat to keep the muggers away. lol.

Love your card all the images are too cute.

Kristen said...

Maybe you could use it as a sleeve? A leg sounds great as well. My husband agrees with Merry, and said a bat.
I love your card, that sentiment is great. I love play on words.

Mojo Hugs said...

Hi Linby

Thanks for stopping my blog! Love this card. As to the mystery ... well, I'd use that shape as a petal to build a flower around centre circle!