Thursday, 15 October 2009

Scrappy card!


I am so pleased with the way this card turned out. Over on the 3rd challenge at creataliciouschallenges you have to use only scrap/used sheets of DP,you can use new cardstock and add flowers handmade by you.


I can't believe I have made this card from my scrapbox. I'm afraid that box is weighing on my mind! I hate having lots of scraps, I really like to get things used up. So this challenge was perfect to dive in and get some scraps, one of which I put through the cuttlebug to make some flowers the others were punched from other scraps. One of the great things about layer the flowers is that if some are punched from a piece not quiet big enough you can hide that behind another one. The sentiment paper was cut from a bigger forever friends piece that I had used for something else and did not want the sentiment. The "Princess" embelli was in a kit that I have already made the card for and this was an alternative sentiment. Of course the stamp is Daisy from sugar nellie and I coloured her with my new "alternative christmas" colour set of promarkers. Finished off with some "pearls" I got as part of a bigger kit and have never used until now. Very satisfying card.

8 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Linby,
What a beautiful card. I love the pinks and of course Daisy is my all time favourite - you have made such a great job of her. Gorgeous.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Cheryl said...

So beautiful Linby,how quick were you at getting the challenge done.Love your papers and such a sweet little image!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
Hugs xx

MaryT said...

Lynn this is so cute, great job!

Bec said...

WOW this looks stunning.. Love your pattern papers.. Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious.. Bec xx

Abby said...

Great job on this month's Creatilicious challenge....I love the layering and all the pink! Thanks for joining us!

Abby:)

Mary Lou said...

Beautiful card Linby~~Little Daisy looks like a princess!!
Blessings
Mary Lou

Andie's Space said...

Hi Linby,
What a fabulous card. It's hard to believe it was made just from leftovers. It's so pretty & th eimage is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious.
Hugs,
Andie xx

LilyPuss Cards said...

This is so pretty..the image is one of my favourites!!! Thank for joining us at Creatalicious...
regards
Jan..x