Friday, 13 November 2009

Bring out the bling!






This is the fab picture to inspire us on day 257 on 365 cards. You don't have to put a cupcake on your card (which as it turned out is good!). Now I LOVE cupcakes I really do but I could not get a card together for some reason. I was however drawn to the free magazine pink snowflake paper I had, which I could do with using as it doesn't seem to go with any other papers.

Next I found myself getting out the purple mirri board and matting and layering, looked for some hearts and found the pink snowflakes (when did I get those??) next thing I knew it fitted the Allsorts challenge to bring out your bling, (only just under the wire for that one) as well as 365 cards. Her coat and boots are a pale blue but taking a photo this late at night the result isn't too good (edited 14 Nov with new piccy). I also stamped the whole image in purple ink.


I have been using an xcut corner punch since I got it with some blog candy I won the other day. The thing is amazing - you can see I have used it on each of the layers and I think I prefer it to the straight corner.






5 comments:

fabricbutterfly said...

cute card, I saw a lot of pink, myself, so fun and sparkly!!!!!

Merry said...

Lovely card....wonderful way you have layered up the background.

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Linby,
This is a great card. I love the colours and the image is so sweet.

There is something on my blog for you if you pop over.
Hugs,
Fiona x

~amy~ said...

excellent! Love it..sooooo cute!

Arkie2 said...

It is an adorable card.