Monday, 16 November 2009

Snowflakes


I had another day off today as I attended a charity literary luncheon with champagne! lovely. The guest speaker was Alexander McCall Smith (you may know him best for the No1 Dectective Ladies Agency Books) he was an excellent speaker and very amusing.

I made this card and added lots of glitter as it is for a friend's sister and she LOVES glitter. Not sure I have captured just how "glittery" it is. I used Martha Stewart Glitter and I just went over the snowflakes with my quickie glue pen and then sprinkled it over. Love the glue pen, had to order another one today as I am about to start my spare one and would not like to be without one!

The papers I have used before, they are from a craft magazine and this is the end of them now. The white paper was an offcut from a 12x12 and I used my new stampin up punch to edge along and then with the glue pen went around the holes and covered with translucent glitter.

I am going to enter it for these challenges:-


Bizzy Becs Creatilicious challenge - snowflakes, glitter and sparkle

Charisma Cardz challenge - Merry and bright



9 comments:

MaryT said...

Hello Lynn sounds like an interesting afternoon. You can really see the glitter if you enlarge the picture. It's really pretty.

Sally said...

Great card and I too love the glitter. Well done for Merry & Bright. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

Caroline said...

Great Card! fab snowflakes. Thanks for joining us at the Crafty calender Challenge. Caroline x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi there,
I love this simple but elegant glittery card. It's beautiful.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Kim. said...

Gorgeous card, love the simplicity of it but yet so gracious. Thanks for joining in this months challenge.
Kim xXx - Crafty Calendar Challenges

Abby said...

I really love your snowflake card....your color choices are superb. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Creatilicious...hope you'll join us next month.

Abby:)

Vee said...

Thanks for playing with Charisma this week, your card is just perfect for our Merry & Bright challenge.Good Luck
xx Vee

Georgia said...

Stunning card! I love the snowflakes and the glitter looks fabulous! Thanks for joining in with the Crafty Calendar Challenge! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Cheryl said...

Beautiful,love your design and all the fabulous glitter!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious.
Hugs xx