Thursday, 31 December 2009

Divide and conquer!


Day 305 on 365 cards is Divide and conquer. You have to divide the card into 4 equal quandrants and each one must contain a stamped sentiment, a punch out, a rhinestone, a floral embellishment. I made this card last night after I had switched off the PC - so did it from memory. Then found out this morning that the sentiment had to be stamped - mine was the HI diecut, so I have added friend as a stamped image - phew! Although I have this set of papertrey paper this is actually a sample from their website that I printed before I got the papers. I decided to just cut around four of the squares and leave the grid in the middle which is how it is on their website. I cut out one of the flowers from a spare square and mounted on foam and then put a flower die cut around it. The punched out shape is a little Scottie dog. I am so pleased with this card. The black Hi and flower are from a glitter gift tag I got at Christmas and I could not bear to throw away.

I am also entering this card in Rosie Dee's challenge which is a free choice this week.
Nutcrafters have a January sale with 20% off EVERYTHING - they stock The Greeting Farm so I have treated myself to the Me time Anya set (amongst other things!). They only charge £1 p&p and I have found them to be very quick in posting.

10 comments:

Johanna said...

Love the little Scottie dog!
You did a great job with this card.

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Linby,
I love the colours on thos card - they are bright and lively. The layout is fab and the embellies/images are great.
Do have a great 2010.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Goblinf said...

That's amazing, in one way it's so like the DT Kristie card, with the same colour ways, but in another so different: Complementary though.

It's really nice to see how close and far apart different people's work can be!

Julia Dunnit said...

Lovely - nice and fresh..great 'sketch' for a card too...hmmmm.

brenda said...

Hi there

A lovely card, really funky and love the colours.

Thanks for sharing it with us at Rosie D's.

B x

Bec said...

i really love this colour combo.. excellent card.. bec xx

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Rosie-D's Challenge with this beautiful card! Very elegant!

Greetings, Saskia :)

Merry said...

This is so wonderful....all those papers are so pretty.

Pam said...

Love the color scheme, and your card is super cute!!

Rosie (Freycob) said...

I love the graphic look to your card.

Thanks for joining us at Rosie D's.

Hope to see you again soon.

Rosie
x