Sunday, 31 January 2010

Bloomin gorgeous


I've been dying to use my cuttlebug embossing folder for edges - so I put "with love" down the side of this bloomin gorgeous card for Cute Card Thursday. The stamps are from SU and the ribbon is SU certain celery. I highlighted parts of the flower with a sakura gel pen.
I'm also entering this for the Pink, white and green challenge on Paperplay challenges.
I made the card for a friend who just got a well deserved promotion. I thought blossom went well with the sentiment of the card for her and the stamp if you look close enough gives a definition of "development". Inside I put the "bloom" stamp but I had written in it before I thought to photo it!

6 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Linby,
This is a gorgeous card with a classic image amd wonderful sentiment. I love the embossing down the side - it's awesome.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Sara said...

Wow! This is really elegant. I love the soft tones and the embossing down the side. Your friend will love this.

Sara xx

Annie said...

love the elegant flower image on your card. thanks for joining in the fun with us at CCT this week.
hugs, annie x

Biscuitlid said...

so delicate, the embossing looks great, nice touch to pop it down the side, I've only used that one horizontally.

Hope study going well
x

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

It's a bloomin' gorgeous card too ;) Love the embossing, not seen that embossing folder
Anne xx

Deirdre said...

Love how delicate this appears. Beautiful card.

Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week.