Tuesday, 5 January 2010

A first - Mojo Monday


I was thinking I would like to make a card with lots of different layers-it's not my natural style and so when I found the sketch on Mojo Monday I decided to give it a go - my first time entering this challenge.

The papers are from Papermania and the ribbon from my stash. The HB is from SU cupcakes set - finding this stamp really useful at the moment and the other is from a bargain bin set I picked up in Hobbycraft and the first time it has seen the ink! The eyelet punch is SU.

I've a day off today but only because I have two hospital appointments. I was going to go into town first but with the snow on and off have decided to stay indoors for as long as possible. I got back to my MBA work last night-then made this card as a treat for being so good. I made a few cards at the weekend and will be posting them soon. I decided this was the less distracting option from my study work!

10 comments:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a fun combo of patterned papers for your bright and cheery birthday card.

MONICA GALE said...

What a fab mix of colours, i love your card Lynn. We have tons of snow up here as well, and is still coming down fast. Need to go to work as well today boo hoo. M xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Love that - cheerful card AND a challenge..perfect! Can't tell you how impressed I am by your commitment to the studies on top of work. Go you!

Jenni said...

Great card Lynn, nice to see the back of the Christmas cards for a wee while isn't it!
Jenni x

MaryT said...

Love all the colors Lynn hope the appointments went well

Rose said...

i luv all the layers and the colors make this such a fun card :)

Biscuitlid said...

ooh this is so cheerful and bright Lynn it's gorgeous.

Nope - we still can't get the car up the road but it's been fun watching everyone else trying!

Victoria
x

Merry said...

I think you have created an amazing card with that Sketch. Love the colours.

fabricbutterfly said...

Great card, I love all the papers together, such fun, and so bright and cheery!!!!

Sandra Farrell said...

This card is adorable. If you are interested in challenges, come and try our new challenge blog. www.stampinroyalty.blogspot.com