Thursday, 14 January 2010

It's new...


First of all thanks for all the good wishes for my health from everyone yesterday. I never meant to alarm any of you - luckily it seems that it is something benign, but the tests are just to make sure.

On a couple of challenges this week they want anything "new" on your card. I have some new papers and a new technique. I decided to have a play with acetate and my cuttlebug and am pleased with the result. The picture doesn't really do it justice. First layer is some bright pink paper, then some flocked dots paper followed by the acetate. A piece of confetti paper stamped with a sale-a-bration SU stamp, a vellum Happy Birthday and some gems on the corners of the acetate.
I'm entering it into:-

11 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Linby,
Glad things are more straightforward than we may have thought. As long as you look after yourselk.
This card is amazing. I know it must have been difficult to photograph but the photo is good enough to show the different textures and materials. Brilliant.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Julia Dunnit said...

Nice...try sanding the acetate or rubbing ink over the embossing too, mmmmmmmmmm.

Merry said...

This is so wonderful. I have never tried acetate in my cuttlebug but I soon will...thanks for sharing.

Susie Sugar said...

Yummy Linby you love your cakes don't you !! just like me !! he he
I too love acetate, your card is amazing Ilove it
Hope your feeling ok today after yesterday
Hugs Susie xx

Biscuitlid said...

this is gorgeous Lynn, the embossed acetate looks fab, great background to the image.
Victoria
x

Tasha said...

Oh what a wonderful card and a great technique i never thought of putting acetate in my cuttlebug but the results are fabulous
lovely card
thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz
love tasha xx

Cheryl said...

A beautiful card,love the embossed acetate!!!
Hugs xx

Allison said...

lovely card
Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Leanne said...

FAntasic work with the accetate!

Thanks for joining us at Charisma - good luck!

Hugs
Leanne
xx

Sally said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

Sara said...

So glad that you're healthy and well. I love the acetate technique you've used here, I'll have to have a go at that.

Sara xx