Thursday, 7 January 2010

New or old (plus a sketch)


It is sooo cold here I have been sat in my slanket! modelled here in a lovely grey colour. Mine is brown and I look like a monk in it - it trails three feet behind me as I am so short but, it is WARM. So warm that the other week I nodded off at the PC wearing it!

Well, onto my latest challenge card. Allsorts want you to use old or new stash - nice and accommodating that, together with this sketch:-

I used old paper from my DCWV stash and my old dog punch again. I think I stopped using this when I lost my dog in deference to him - bit silly really because it is so cute. Added some punched flowers from the same papers and a sentiment.

I flipped the sketch just because one of the offcuts had a cut in it and I could hide that way!

8 comments:

Susie Sugar said...

Bet you feel all warm and toasty in your blankie I think I'm just as cold Linby my computer tells me its -9 outside Brrrrrr
I have on 3 fleeces and my fingerless gloves and I'm still cold and so bunched up with so many cloths on I can hardly move !!! lol
Think I would rather look like a monk !! lol
Your card is lovely I don't have enough movement to craft
Hugs Susie xx

MONICA GALE said...

Oh Lynn you made me laugh out loud, I have a very funny picture in my head and i want one of those now, hugs xxx

Rozzaree said...

Linby, your slanket looks real cosy and I love your comment about looking like a monk!!

I'm sure your little doggie would be happy you are using the cute stamp again..

Jules said...

Hi Linby

I think you need to be on commission for those slankets - looks like everyone wants one now!!!

I think if I had one I would get nothing done - I would spend all my time snuggled up in it!!

Sorry .... best get round to the reason for my visit .. .. your card is gorgeous. I love black and white cards and your little dog in the centre is so cute. I am pleased you feel comfortable bringing it back into use now.

Great take on my sketch.

Thank for playing along with Allsorts this week.

Love Jules xx

MaryT said...

Hello Lynn you have really been busy with your cards. This one is really cute and it is sort of a tribute to Angus:0)

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Linby,
Firstly - Thank you so much for the e-card. It was a real boost and the thought is greatly appreciated.
Secondly I will do the bizz with your award over the weekend, and
Lastly, this card is stunning. I love the wee dog and the papers are so effective.
Special hugs,
Fiona x

Julia Dunnit said...

Great card - love that punch, happy that you're OK to use it. A slanket hey...I'm currently practically sitting on my oil-filled-on-wheels-follow-me-round-the-workroom radiator, and sleep is a great temptation!

Sarita said...

Fab card Linby, your little dog punch is so sweet.
Love the sound of your slanket! Gonna have to get one I think,
Stay warm!
Love Sarita xx