Monday, 8 February 2010

dots/spots!


On Cute Card Thursday the challenge is to put dots or spots on your card. I have had this dotty/spotty background for soooo long, it is part of a set. I have never really utilised it and am disappointed with it on this card because eventhough it is small, you could see the join as I had to use the stamp twice. I think I am going to HAVE to get the SU really big stamp which would have easily covered this in one go. So, I put the head in the middle and am quite pleased with how it turned out. Not sure you should have colour as it is a silhouette. Used a silver peel off and coloured it with a black pen.

10 comments:

Crafty Chris said...

Hi Linby
Gorgeous card, beautiful silhouette kjust with a touch of pink, perfect.
Chris x

Louise said...

Love the colour combo, very effective. Hope all is well with you
Louise xxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Linby,
This has to be one of my favourites. I love the silhouette and the spotted paper is fabulous.
Great card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Biscuitlid said...

I can't see the join and I clciked on your photo to make it bigger!

Fab card, very sophisticated
Love
Victoria
x

Julia Dunnit said...

I think the colour really glams it up though. I like the dotted stamp..I feel your pain over its size, but hey, it is a fab stamp!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Linby
This is such a lovely card - really like the silhouette image, and the splash of pink is the perfect finishing touch. Beautiful!
Hugs, Sylvia xxxx

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

I love it! ;) I can't see the join either. For me black and white always looks great with pink or red. Though I can't see the join, if you're bothered by it, youcould always do random spotting maybe one main stamping and then a few round the edges.
Anne xx

Paula Gale said...

What a sophisticated card Linby.

Pop over to my block - I have a little something for you.

Paula x x x

Merry said...

That dotty background is just perfect on this card. Brilliant.

fabricbutterfly said...

This card is so fantastic, I can't even say anything,,,, LOVE IT!!!!!!