Saturday, 6 February 2010

a flourish



A new challenge to me is Clean and simple but now I have been alerted to it I think I will be going back. I bought a set of flourish stamps a couple of weeks back and they were for doing just this type of card - so couldn't resist could I. I have been good all day working away, especially since my SU and sale items from Stamps.co.uk arrived first thing and I only looked at them!

I just realised that I put my sentiment in the wrong place-doh - here is the sketch

Quick and easy to do but very satisfying and I got to use one of my new SU vintage label stamps which I raised on pads. I also round the corners of my card with the corner punch.

8 comments:

Natasha said...

Beautifully done!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Linby,
This is a beautiful card. It may be simple but it is very classy. I love your paper and the large swirl is gorgeous. I love it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Heather P. said...

This is so pretty! Love the color combo! :)

Penni said...

This is so stylish. I love it.

Hugs
Penni
X

Nicole said...

very pretty!

Biscuitlid said...

this is stunning Lynn, who cares if the sentiment is in the wrong place when your card looks this good?
Hugs
Victoria
x

Rozzaree said...

I love your new direction Linby! Again you've used a simple design to create something different to your usual style!!

fabricbutterfly said...

Oh Linby, you did a great job with the card, it looks like a fun challenge site, and heck you can put the sentiment any where you choose, and you chose well!!