Sunday, 21 February 2010

For You


Although I don't have a Mother anymore I will be making two cards for Mothers day - one for my OH Mother and one for my friend and neighbour. This is the one for the latter, it may seem strange but she really does look after me and so on Mother's day I always make her a card and give her a little present. So the card doesn't exactly look Mumsy!

Was a bit stuck for inspiration until I saw the sketch at Mojo Monday and it fitted perfectly with the stamp (from ebay) I had already picked out and the DCWV retro square paper.

It also fits two Mothers day challenges Quixotic challenges and Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge.

5 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Linby,
this is a great card for the circumstances. It's nice to have someone who can be like a second mother and I'll bet she really appreciates your thoughtfulness.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Crafty Chris said...

Hi Linby
lovely card very retro looking, great colours, and lovely layout, I know what you mean I have to have a layout now or I sit and look at a blank card.
Christine x

Rose said...

oh linby that is so sweet that she looks after you :) she is sure to love this fantastic card!!

Lisa Jane said...

Hi there - i laughed when i saw your card - how very true - what my mother says definitely goes even at 42yrs old lol!
A great card - i love the retro style
Lisa ;)

Mel X said...

Great card Linby, love the image and retro colours. How lovely too to have such a neighbour that you know watches your back!! Such friendships are a treasure, I'm sure she'll love this card

Thanks for joining us this week at the Secret Crafter and good luck in the draw.

Mel X