Saturday, 13 February 2010

Inspired






There is a new challenge which started today - Scrap the Art. The picture they gave as inspiration was a Van Gogh.

First of all I made this card - which the painting inspired me to make.



Here is a close up showing the new butterfly punch I have used.


With the leftovers I made this card using the clean & simple sketch.



This is a box that some perfume from Next arrived in. I didn't want to throw it away but it had Next printed in the middle of the box on a white oblong.



I put a yellow oblong cut with a nestie over the "Next" writing then cut another oblong with white card and punched it with the butterfly - the used an SU sentiment stamp. I've put yellow tissue paper in the box too so I think it looks really lovely for my friend's birthday. She never comes on here so safe to post!;)
If you like looking at other people's craft rooms then check out my last post!

12 comments:

Crafty Chris said...

Hi Linby
I'm glad there is someone out there like me I hate to throw boxes out. your card is lovely very vibrant, I was tempted by that butterfly, then when I went back they had no more left about my luck, Love the box I'm not surprised you reused it I would have 2.
Chris x

Natasha said...

Cute cards!!!

Raven said...

Linby you did a great job with the challenge. What a way to use up paper too so that you dont have tons of scraps. I love the butterfly. My personal fav. Thanks for joining us at Scrap The Art
Hugs,
Raven

Jenni said...

Great cards, the colours work really well for the Van Gogh inspired card and I love the bird on the Thankyou card, thanks so much for joining in with our very first Scrap the Art challenge!
Jenni x

Biscuitlid said...

ooh I can see where your inspiration came from, how fab, I wouldn't know where to start!

Great recycling too, I have loads of pretty bags and boxes I have to keep to re-use too

Hugs
Victoria
x

Sarita said...

Thank you Linby for your lovely comment, I'm just about on the mend!
It's been so lovely catching up with your fab creations. Love your latest cards, really inspiring, and love your Next box too! What a cool idea,
So glad to hear your studying is going well, I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end!
Love Sarita xx

Michelle Rivera said...

Beautiful take on the challenge. Love the butterfly.
Thanks for playing along at Scrap The Art....
Hug
Michelle Rivera

Lynne said...

Thank you for following my blog :) I just had a quick look at yours and I love your way with colour. Great cards!
Just had a look a look at the shed too, it`s much better furnished than my house!!!
Will defo be popping back to see your creations
Lynne xxx

Doodles said...

beautiful card love it
hugs Sharon xx

Heather P. said...

These are all so fun!

Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at Clean & Simple Stamping! :)

Laura said...

Wow!
I loooove butterflies and yours is so cute!!! Your card surely brings the spring about! I like the bird and the flowers are so warming...

Great job with the challenge and I hope you will come back to Scrap The Art :)

Hugs,
Laura

P.S. I will host the next challenge so make sure to check it out for the chance to win some awesome prize ;)

Lisa aka Allissa said...

Hi Linby... wow 3 great projects! so beautiful.I may have to invest in that punch..its awsome hun.
Thank you for playing 'Srap the Art' hope to see you again!
Hugs
Lisa.x
DT