Monday, 15 February 2010

male card




I found this challenge a while ago but only just had chance to enter. Cards for Men challenge does exactly what it says on the blog! You make cards for men. This week the card can be any male card as long as green is the predominate colour.
Over on Charisma Cardz their theme this week and also on Rosie-D's is "male" cards so I am entering the card for those challenges also.

If you saw my post the other day you will recognise the sketch as one from "clean & Simple". I really loved the way it turned out so I used it again but left out the raised element. Instead I put a piece of the green card (from SU) inked with brown across the card. I also inked the edges of the card and papers. The sentiments stamps are SU.

17 comments:

Sara said...

Works well as a man's card - no fuss or bling.

I have a little something for you on my blog if you're able to stop by :-)

Sara xx

Crafty Chris said...

hi Linby
Thanks for the link just for men, I just made one so isnt that handy.
Love your card,
I have that paper and have rarely used it.
Chris x

Penni said...

I lovely card for a man Lynn. I always find these hard as I do like adding flowers and bling!!!

Hugs
Penni
X

Julia Dunnit said...

great..clean, uncluttered but interesting. Prettymuch fills the card criteria that my DH espouses!

Donnas Den said...

Great card, Linby. Thanks for joining us over at Cards for Men and good luck with the challenge.

Donna xx

Rozzaree said...

Linby,
Love the new direction your cards are taking. Love the uncluttered, clean lines. Hope the guy you send it to is as classy as the card!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Linby,
Well done girl. Entering a challenge that only does man cards - the prospect would terrify me, I'm no good with them.
This one certainly hits the spot and I love it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Rose said...

fantastic male card!! they are so hard to make and you rocked it :)

Nannieflash said...

Wow what a fabulous card, love the design and the image is gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Cards for Men, and good luck with the Challenge. With love and hugs Shirleyx

Kelly said...

nice card!

thanks for playing the charisma challenge this week!

Viv said...

What a beautiful card Linby! I love it.
Thanks for playing along with us at Cards For Men. good luck!
Viv xx

Patricia St Martin said...

Nice card for a man. Thanks for playing with us at Cards for Men.

JanJay said...

This is a great card

Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week

Jan x

Mervi said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at Rosie D's and welcome back on Sunday, good luck;-))m

Saskia said...

Very elegant card! Thanks for joining us at Rosie-D's Challenge! Good luck!

Saskia :)

brenda said...

Hi Linby

A really elegant card and so ideal for a guy.

Thank you for sharing with us at Rosie D's.

B x

Tracy said...

Fab card, thanks for joining Rosie-D's challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x