Saturday, 20 February 2010

RED, and PINK +









Quick post before I get my head down to the hopefully finishing touches to my dissertation. My tutor has seen it and given me some tips to tweak it in a few places.
I made this card for my friend's 40th - not til June so in plenty of time! I knew when I saw this image I wanted it for her card and she shares the same name. The background card has been lurking around forever and is K&co - that little window in the top right corner is pre cut and until now I have never really known what to do with it. That is what is so brilliant about these challenges - first I realised it had most of the colours I needed and then I thought it would be good to put the "40" in there so that when the card is standing it is not "in your face" LOL!



Piece of red SU card and the SU sentiments stamped with their whisper white pad. The pink spotty paper is actually embossed with clear dotty stamp and then I put my brayer over it with pink ink to resist - getting messy these days! Not sure you can see it that well in the photo but it does give a glossy image to the dots.
Almost forgot! - the challenge is Colour create Red, pink, white and chocolate

9 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Thanks for your comment - the flip cards are easy once you have worked out the measurements and cutting lines.I hope your friend likes her card too - Barstool Nikki is great, have you seen the new stamps? I want the VW beetle one ! ( well ctually i want them all but a girl cant be greedy lol)
.... Now i am really thick - what does PM mean? you said in your comment you had PM'd me.
Thanks anyway it sounds like its something nice
Have a great day
Lisa ;)

Lisa Jane said...

What am i like - now you have told me its obvious !! I don't know how that works - have to go out soon - but will have to try it another time - sounds like fun.
I get my Nikki stamps direct from ladybugcraftsink. Its kerry the designers own blog. At the moment you can pre order the new stamps at a discounted price. She makes some lovely samples.ou will hve to pop over to her blog and have a look.
Lisa ;)

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Linby,
A great card for a fortieth birthday. I love the colours and fab image.
All the best with the disertation.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Paula Gale said...

The image is great Linby. I love the colour scheme and the DP you've teamed it up with. She's very sophisticated!!!!

Hope you're getting on with the *D* word - what have you done it about or have I asked you that before?

Hugs

Paula x x x

Biscuitlid said...

yum I love this Lynn, very chic and gorgeous colours too

Good luck with that final draft, missed you today :(

The chip butties were massive today too lol!
Hugs
Victoria
x

fabricbutterfly said...

Bad girl, put the 40 in the persons face, pretty card. Good luck with the disertation, heck I can't even spell it.

Sarita said...

Thank you for your reassuring words Linby, I do know exactly what you mean.
Really love your card, what a fab design, and the postioning of the 40 is genius!!
Good luck with your dissertation,
Love Sarita xx

Ann said...

Fun card1

Sharon said...

This is wonderful! The 'not in you face' 40 is an absolutely brilliant idea! Thanks for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge.
Sharon xx