Thursday, 25 February 2010

Scrapped post

This wasn't for a challenge. However I since found it fits with All that scraps perfectly! Over on Debs blog she says she likes to get scrapped post, and if you send her something handmade she will send you something back! So here is the card I created for her, inspired by Paula and her use of books (this is a mag freebie book that I was going to send to charity). So strange that when I punched the paper words like "sewing basket" and "crochet hook" were on those pieces -spooky. The bit that looks like a tape measure is actually cut from the ruler on the Stampin Up sheet you get in a workshop! Bit of a different style for me, brought on I think by watching Tim Holtz this week.
This is the scrapped envelope - used the negative from the punch of the butterllies to stencil with.
As you know I am coming to end of my MBA and would love to do some DT work. So, I have made my first application at By the cute and girly - they have a call out until 1 March.

4 comments:

Rose said...

well first good luck with the DT call :) this is an awesome card!! luv the dress form :)

Biscuitlid said...

oooh Lynn it's very different but so funky! Love the torn paper and great use of the grid sheet.
Oodles of luck with your DT call, fingers crossed for you
Hugs
Victoria
x

Amy said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing in the ATS challenge this week!

Pam S. said...

how fun! love the sewing theme! thanks for joining the create w/text challenge at ATS Weekly Wed. blog!
Pam Going Postal