Monday, 1 March 2010

For a Mother

This is the card I have made OH Mother for Mother's day. She still likes to dressmake and I know she is going to love those dress forms just as much as I do. I found this stamp the other day it is by B Line and I bought two others too! The main image is Leanne Ellis (who left a comment on my blog the other day -I was so beside myself!). Seniments are from a mag, MS punched butterflies (they seem to be on all my cards at the moment!). I rubbed over the main card with green chalks and the main image with a pink chalk for a shimmering effect.
I'm entering it into Allsorts  and PaperPlay challenges who both want Mothers Day cards this week.

11 comments:

MONICA GALE said...

Gorgeous card Lin I love the pinks and greens together very fresh xxx

Rose said...

oh this is fantastic!! love the dress forms :)

Crafty Chris said...

Hi Linby
this is fantastic love all the mannikin's, lovely colours, I bet your MIL will love it.
Christine x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Linby,
Great card. I love the images - never seen these before. They are fabulous.
Hugs,
Fiona x

sugar n spice said...

Hi Linby, Great card for your MIL, especially as you said she loves to sew. Image is fab, love the little manikins. Hugs Suzi x

brenda said...

Hi Linby

A lovely Mothers Day card and those roses down the side set it all of beautifully.

Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week.

B x

Deirdre said...

Great card for a Mum who likes sewing. Love how you mixed the images.

Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week. ♥

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Oh she'll love this :) Love the dress forms stamp - I bought a dress form last year and it's just standing in the kitchen with a piece of wool fabric draped over it waiting for me to decide just what to do with it!
Anne xx

Cardarian said...

What a lovely card....the dress forms stamp is soooo nice! Excellant job!
Cardarian XXX

Helen said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog. I LOVE Ally Pally and I would say it was worth it to go but I have just looked on national rail enquiries at the fares - gulp!!!! I haven't been lucky enough to go to LB Crafts shop (I wish!!) as I don't have a car and it's apparently a 20 min taxi ride from the nearest station.... I'd love to do some of the classes.

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Beautiful card

Thanks for playing at Allsorts

Emma xxx