Sunday, 28 March 2010

Look what I've got....

These are the cards and bag to put them in that I made at Victoria's workshop yesterday. I had such a good time and learnt a new technique of faux effect paper tear. the stamps are from the new SU mini catalogue. Have a look at Monica's blog for use of the same stamps in a different colourway to see how completely different this set can look.
After the workshop I went to buy a new blind and also came back with.......
I've seen some other bloggers using spice racks so I thought this would be ideal, it spins too which is great and hopefully means I will remember to use some of these little goodies in future!

Lastly, here is a picture I bought from Wipso from Sisters Crafters Creations. I asked for big friendly white daisies and I think she delivered. I also wanted the little sentiment to be added which is a quote from the film "You've got Mail"don't ask, just me LOL!

12 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Linby,
looks as though you had a whale of a time. the cards are brilliant and I love your purchases.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Wipso said...

Thanks for blogging the pic. It looks lovely now you have placed the quote where you wanted it. I have to say you have put it just where I would have done :-) Great minds eh?
Glad you're pleased with it.
A x

Penni said...

What a great way to use a spice rack. That's another thing to add to my shopping list!!!

Hugs
Penni
X

Twiglet said...

Love the spice rack idea - especially a spinning one. Daisy pic is lovely isn't it - thanks for the link too.

Biscuitlid said...

glad you enjoyed yourself, I certainly did! It's good to laugh with you lot!

Love your spice jars, they look fab and that pic is yummy. Are those the fibres you were talking about yesterday?

hugs
Victoria
x

Rose said...

oh i love the spice rack idea!! your cards that you made at the work shop are beautiful :)

Cardarian said...

Lovely cards - I will have a close up look when blogger stops playing up, I love that spinning thing - I want that too! And your daises are really nice - where are you going to hang them???
I envy you ladies being able to go to these crafty weekends...all I have is the internet!
Cardarian

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Blogger's playing up just now Lin so can't see the card; I couldn't upload a piccie earlier! Will try to remember to pop back tomorrow ;)
Anne xx

Lisa Jane said...

wow - looks like you had a great time too . All those creations are gorgeous. Thanks for the veedub link - i have passed it to my daughter - she will love it!
The daisies are beautiful
Lisa ;)

MaryT said...

Really nice Lynn. so glad that I can finally look at blogs again.

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Lovely cards and bag Lin, lovely papers :) Annie's creation is beautiful ;)
Anne xx

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

When I first read this post I kept thinking I've seen that before, but I hadn't seen the cards so couldn't work it out till I read my earlier comment, doh!
Anne xx