Friday, 26 March 2010

male birthday card

This card is exactly what it says on the post title - birthday card for a man! I'm entering it into the Cards for Men challenge, where they want birthday cards -no other criteria. It also fits Stamp with Us as I have used the SU stamp set Good Neighbours.
This card started with me deciding to make something from my scrap box. I actually used two small pieces-the strip down the side which is DCWV and the clouds at the top and trees on the left are stamped onto some pale blue paper. I then decided to commit cardmaker sin and stamp directly onto the card!!! Wouldn't have been able to do it without my stampamajig.
So scrapbox has about 10million scraps to go.!

10 comments:

Cardarian said...

Interesting card, good girl for using scraps - my pile of them is getting bigger and bigger but I keep on taking new paper...
Happy crafting!
Cardarian

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Linby,
What a fantastic man card. Love the clean lines an images. I really like this one.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Crafty Chris said...

Lovely card for a man, I find them so difficult to make and I have one to do for saturday, wish me luck.
Christine x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Linby, love your card very suitable for a man. Thank you for joining us at Cards for Men, and good luck with the Challenge. With hugs Shirleyxxx

Ann said...

Lindby I don't know how you manage to get so much done! I hardly ever get organised enough to finish challenges in time. And you never fail to leave me lovely comments on my blog - I really want to thank you for that :o) ...... Oops! I nearly forgot - great card, very suitable for a man.

Merry said...

Great male card. Love how you have used the scraps with the strip down the side.

Rose said...

fantastic and perfect for a male :)

Stamp WIth Us said...

Fab!

Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge!

XXX

Sara said...

I like the film strip effect down the side. The stamp-a-ma-jig is great for taking the fear out of stamping direct, isn't it. Thanks for playing along with the challenge.

Sara xx
Stamp With Us Design Team

Donnas Den said...

Great card. Good luck with the Cards for Men challenge.

Donna xx