Tuesday, 2 March 2010

Optimistically pink!

This card is for my OHs Granddaughter who will be 12 soon. Difficult because it can't be too childish and not too grown up - I hope I did a balance as she loves shopping! It's a big card 10x7 because the one I made the other day with Newton for her brother is that size, and they both have to have the same. Papers and ribbon are PTI. Sentiment free from a mag, flowers Anna Griffin. Handbag brad and bling from my stash.
I used the sketch from Anyone for Anya and it also fits these challenges:-
One Stop Craft challenge - optimistically pink
Cute Card Thursday -ribbon-tastic
Creative Inspirations - monochrome (white and shades of one colour)
Pile it on - Lucky (to have all that shopping!)

15 comments:

Merry said...

I think this card is perfect for a 12yo girl.....just the right amount of bling and pink. Who can go wrong with pink. :-)

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Linby,
Fantastic card for a 12 year old girl. I love the pink and the spottted paper. Great card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Crafty Chris said...

Hi Linby
I think this should be a hit pink and girly,
Lovely
Christine x

Sharon said...

This is perfect for a 12 year old Linby. Your layout is gorgeous and all that hot pink will be sure to wow your OH's Granddaughter. Fab work.
Thanks for joining us this week at the OSCC.
Sharon xx

sugar n spice said...

Hi Linby, She is going to adore this, perfect for a 12 yr old. love the image and your papers. Thank you for joining us at One Stop Craft Challenge this week, good luck in the draw.
Hugs Suzi x

Cardarian said...

Very nice card, I think it will be just right for a "not yet teen"
Enjoy!
Cardarian

Rozzaree said...

Brave choice Linby! The 12 year old girls I know would be a bit put out to receive such a girly card!! Hopefully your partner's grand daughter will appreciate the thought and effort you've put into producing such a glitzy card.

gina g said...

Lovely card fab image your granddaughter will love it. Thanks for joining the OSCC this week. luv gina xxc

MONICA GALE said...

This is wonderful and so very bright Lin, i am sure she will love it. xx

Leann said...

This is beautiful!
Thanks for joining us over on CCT this week :D
Hugs x

Bedeyete said...

I think it has missed the mark and she'll be underwhelmed.

Chrissie said...

This is a great card Linby, I'm sure it's just right... she'll love it!
You asked about my card sizes, usually I make the largest square card that can be cut from a piece of A4 card... thanks for all you lovely comments I really appreciate your visits... and thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at OSCC this week!
Chrissie

Lisa Jane said...

wow fab Pink card - love the spots !
Lisa ;)

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Ah my favourite colour and I adore these polkadots!

Love from AFA?!

Renata

Rosanne said...

Very sweet, she'll love it! Thanks for playing along at Pile It On!