Monday, 8 March 2010

Something girly

After I used this dress form the other day I thought I would try and do a set of cards in different colours. I don't think I quite pulled it off this time but I do like the colours which are my favs. I'm entering it into the Stamp something challenge which wants anything girly.


I've also made this card not for a challenge, but because I saw the idea on this blog - and 'cause I have the stamp had to give it a go. I've used Mirri card for the backing, not really a Mirri girl but bought a pack from QVC and it needs using! I realised that the colours I used all had matching MS glitters, so I just highlighted the middle panel by using a glue pen. Used the MS butterfly punch again - can't stop punching them out of any odds and ends, and then I found some butterlies that it fits over almost perfectly and used them on this card by putting three together, another idea I got from the same blog.
Off to watch Dawn B's TSV on QVC now.

11 comments:

Crafty Chris said...

Hi Linby
Love the girly card it is certainly that, gorgeous, like the idea with the 2nd one love the flutterbys.
Christine x

Rose said...

love them both!!! and now i must find that ms punch :)

MONICA GALE said...

oooh they are beautiful Lin. I love the second one best!!!! hugs xx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Linby,
Both pretty cards and in completely differents styles. I love the "looking through the window" effect of the second one.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Julia Dunnit said...

Great cards Lynn, thanks for sharing the blog link too!

Lisa Jane said...

Two lovely cards., i love the one with the meannequin on - reminds me of my dressmaking days when i was younger!
Lisa ;)

Cardarian said...

Hiya Linby!
Love your new cards, thank you so much for your advice about the direct linking! That link was really helpful!
Hugs
Cardarian

Pam said...

These are fab Lin, MS Butterfly punch is one of my favourite. Hugs Pam x

Vicki said...

ooh i love that butterfly card, really gorgeous!!!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Lovely cards Lin :) I do love that dressform.
Anne xx

America said...

ooh these are terrific!