Saturday, 27 March 2010

Thinking of you

This is a card for someone who has just suffered a bereavement - because I  work with people all over the country it is difficult to send joint cards. However, in this instance it involves people at our HO in London and I am going there on Monday. So I got the colleagues here to sign a blank piece of paper and brought it home with me yesterday and then made the card and popped it in for the rest to sign on Monday. My boss suggested she buy a card but that would have meant bringing it back on Monday and it not going til Tuesday - still with me? I hope everyone thinks that it is suitable.
I've used SU flower stamp and pink cardstock which is punched along the edge with a Fiskars punch. Used some sticky Laura Ashley ribbon and added a MS punch butterfly. I'm entering in into Colour create who want pastels and Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge who want Pink, green and flowers.
Off to Victoria's class soon - don't know what we are doing but I am sure to have fun as a couple of other bloggers go to the class too. Share with you later.........

12 comments:

Suzi said...

Hi Linby, always a difficult subject to make a card for. You've done it beautifully. Hugs Suzi x

Crafty Chris said...

Hi Linby
It is very soft and delicate looking, its hard I havent made one myself but this should cover it lovely card
Christine x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Linby,
I think this card is beautiful and so appropriate for the circumstances. the punched border is so gorgeous as is the image. I love it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Biscuitlid said...

a very beautiful card Lynn, I think you've created a perfect card, it has a lovely peaceful feel to it.

Had a good chuckle at class with you today, thanks for linking to my blog on two of the challenges you joined in with lol - I'll let you know if I get more blog hits than normal!!

Hugs
Victoria
x

Eiglas said...

Very pretty card!
Thank you for coming over to play at Colour Create this week!
Hugs,
Eiglas (GDT)
x

Cheryl said...

So soft and pretty,love this image......beautiful work!!!
xx

fabricbutterfly said...

what a lovely card, for such a difficult situation, you did just great, and much more personal than a purchased card, good job!!!

Sharon said...

Such a soft and delicate card Linby. It is beautiful. Gorgeous work.
Thanks for joining the Colour Create Challenge.
Sharon xx

Cardarian said...

Hello Linby!
Lovely card!
Cardarian

Rozzaree said...

WOW Linby! You are really pushing the envelope. I never thought of pink for a sympathy card! It always seemed a bit of a jolly, happy colour to me.

~Christina~ said...

So simple, yet absolutely beautiful!!!

Bedeyete said...

shit really