Thursday, 8 April 2010

Feel better soon....


This is the card I made for Paula after her recent major op - look at her blog if you dare for a picture of what she has been through-and with great spirit. I know she has the card now so it is safe to post.
The image is CC designs - Kiki coffee time and I just love her. I tried to channel Fiona when I made this card because she always combines so many interesting bits and bobs into her cards. I've also decided I need one of those punches that does fronds - now where did I see them?  I put the pink paper through the bug with a daisy folder and the ribbon is some I just got from USA. I'm getting quite good at actually using supplies! the ribbon through the buttons was around some packs of cards, it too a bit of patience to thread through but I saw someone use tweezers on C&C to do it and it does actually work. The sentiment (bottom left) is a PTI one from the on my couch set.
I'm entering it into these challenges:-
Stamp something - pink
C.R.A.F.T- buttons
Pollycraft - anything goes

14 comments:

andrea said...

pretty card,lovely image thankyou for joining us at c.r.a.f.t. this week
andrea

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Linby,
This is a wonderfully colourful card. I love it. I am flattered that you find my work so interesting. I have been feeling so tired the last couple of days and your reference cheered me up - you'll never know how much.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh my it's lovely - and so cheerful, just like Paula. I like the image too - anything holding a mug of coffee is a happy thing for me!

Kaz said...

Love those colours Lynn, what a lovely card for Paula.
My tip for threading ribbon thru buttons is to cut the ribbon at a very slight angle so it's got a long thin end, then pull it thru.

Thanks for the award by the way and I love that shoe xxx

Trimgym said...

Hi Linby, lovely card using buttons, thank you for joining us again at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

Jo and Tigerlover.

Cardarian said...

Hi Linby!
Lovely card! The colors are so nice! I am sure Paula will be very happy!
Hugs
Cardarian

Wipso said...

What a lovely card for a lovely lady.....she is planning a trip to visit me today so I'm really excited. I didn't know til yesterday so it's a really lovely surprise.
A x

Emma said...

Aw such a sweet card, adorable image and gorgeous colours.
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft.
Hugs Emma x

Lisa Jane said...

what a prety card . Lovely pastel colours. I bet your friend loved it.
Lisa;)

Eiglas said...

Lovely card Linby! Love that DCWV paper - so bright and cheerful!
Thank you for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T this week!
Hugs,
Eiglas
x

Suzi said...

Hi Liny, What a beautiful card, love the design and the image, button detail is fab. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week. Hugs Suzi x

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Gorgeous card Lin, love the image :)
Anne xx

Inger said...

Such a lovely and sweet card!!!
Love your colours and that cute image!
Have a nice weekend.

greetings, Inger

Rose said...

Lovely card, such pretty colours, thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T and good luck.

Rose xx