Monday, 19 April 2010

A get well card and some news........

I wanted to make a card for a very special blogging buddy who is really not very well. Isn't it strange how when you sit to make a really special card all your ideas go-luckily I got my mojo back through Day 50 on 365 cards where they challenge you to use:-
1) An item that is more than a year old


2) Something that you were given that you have never used - this could be from a swap or a gift, but it has to have come from someone else.

3) Something you forgot you had.
 
so I used some Mary Engelbreit paper I forgot I had and rickrack ribbon. Something I was given was a free digi image from Sassy Cheryl's which I've coloured with promarkers. An item more than a year old is the gold mirri board under the stamped image.

I'm also entering it into the following challenges:-
Stamp something - layering
Paper Cutz challenge - anything you like


My news is that I have my first GDT position at Nutcrafters, see how easily I have filled that studying time LOL!

13 comments:

Paula Gale said...

sorry to hear about your friend but that card will really cheer her up.

Good news about the GDT spot. Thats fab... what studying??? I used to continue with research afterwards - I found it hard to come back down - I didn't have crafting back then though - wouldn't have a problem now... well done and happy crafting

Paula x x x

Paula x x x

~Christina~ said...

Super cute!!!

Helen Dooley said...

That is an adorable image. Great card you showcased it well. Thanks for playing along at PCC this week.

iluvmybugs said...

Great get well card...hope your friend is feeling better! Thanks for joining us this week at PCC and hope you'll continue to join in the fun challenges each week!

Terry

Lisa Jane said...

Congratulations on your GDT - well deserved! Can't wait to see your creations.
LOve the little get well card - that little ted is so cute
Have a great day
Lisa ;)

Wipso said...

Really love the card. I'm sure it would make anyone feel better :-)
A x

Lynne said...

Very pretty colourful card. I`m sure your friend will feel better when she receives this.
Lynne xxx

Julia Dunnit said...

Great news on the GDT well done! Love the card - am a sucker for Mary Engelbreit, would have struggled to use that paper!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Fabby card Lin, love it all :) Congratulations on your GDT spot.
Anne xx

Lisa said...

Love your card! Super cute image! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week! I hope you can join us again soon!

Gloria Stengel said...

Adorable! Love the colors and that cute stamp! Thanks for playing at 365 Cards!

Merry said...

This is so lovely and I am sure will cheer your friend up.

Pam said...

Such a lovely card, and a thoughtful reason to create it!