Saturday, 17 April 2010

It's all over now..........

I have finished my disseration for the MBA - yipee! Just getting it printed and bound and then it will go off for marking. Depending on when it gets there I may know in July or a lot later in the year. I've been working closely with my tutor so it should pass!
So now I have craft time! However, today a look at the garden made me realise "garden time" too. I have only done a little weeding today but thought I would share these photos of some of the plants in my garden.


I would love a carpet of grape hyacinths but they don't seem to want to spread very far in the garden, just got a few clumps.
Blogger is playing up with the photos and now "p" on my keyboard is sticking! So can't get the names of the flowers underneath them. The yellow is forsythia, grape hyacinths, the single purple flower is a drumstick primula and the white flowers are cherry tree blossom (that only lasts a couple of weeks and then it is all gone). Just look at how many "p"s there are in the above, had to keep stopping and pressing hard......
Liverpool Lou got me thinking today about whether someting is WIP (work in progress) or UFO (unfinished object). This is a piece of x-s I started in memory of my dog when he died in 2007.
 I'm determined to get it finished now. I'm going to redocorate the room I craft in with yellow and blue and this is going to hang in there. Together with another kit I just got (not like I haven't got millions waiting to be stitched!) but I used to have the Holly Hobby poster on my bedroom wall when I was a teenager and so am going to stitch her to hang in the newly decorated room too.

16 comments:

Wipso said...

Now you've got me thinking. If WIP is work in progress then what would WIPSO be? :-)
Love the dog/cat x-s pic. I used to do lots of x-s when the family was growing up and I'm now wondering where I found the time :-)
A x

Crafty Chris said...

Hi Linby
love the new photo, I really need to change mine, but congrats on finally getting finished Im sure your relieved, love the garden plants, whats the last one? white one.
the cat and dog is gorgeous.
Christine x

Lisa Jane said...

Hi there - congratulations - i bet that feels like a big weight lifted, and now you can have a little more "me" time.
\your garden plants look lovely. I ahve been in the garden most of the day as it has been so nice. |I cleaned out my water feature and the then cleared the greenhouse ready for my bedding plants.Got out the swing seat and dried a few loads of washing.
I love to be outside ... and i fear my card making will suffer a bit over the summer - but we have to make the most of it!
Love the x stitch it will be lovely when its finished - can't wait to see it all done .
Lisa ;)

Lisa Jane said...

oops -sorry forgot to say , love the new pic !
Lisa ;)

Julia Dunnit said...

Great great great senes of achievement for you, how marvellous. Withing the next 24 hours I predict that the time you spent on the dissertation will be sucked up by something else and you won't even notice it as 'free' time! Your garden pics are lovely..spring is so fab.

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Well done Lin on finishing :)
Wipso's comment made me LOL; very funny :) It could be Work in Progress, so (what)!
I think the unfinished x-stitch was definitely a UFO as it had been left so long. The Holly Hobby one will be great. I have at least 2 UFOs in x-stitch. Whispers - I'll let you into a little secret, I'm about 97% through a x-stitch to celebrate the birth of my grandson ............ he's now 8! but don't tell anyone LOL I will finish it! To be honest most of the time I completely forget about it, well you would wouldn't you after all that time! Lovely pics from the garden. I was just thinking today how lovely the grape hyacinths looked in a neighbouts garden.
Anne xx

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Oh yes, lovely new pic. You sound like a woman after my own heart, even down to the macrame, though I only did a few plantpot holders (hanging ones) and a string bag :)
Anne xx

Sarita said...

Well done Linby for finishing, looks like you've got all sorts of wonderful crafty things lined up! Enjoy all your new found free time!
Love Sarita xx

Kaz said...

Well done on finishing your dissertation!I hope you have a very self indulgent time creating now. xxx

Rose said...

Yahoo for you getting it finished!! Hope you hear great news soon :) your flowers are beautiful and way to work on unfinished items :)

Paula Gale said...

WHOOP WHOOP - Lynn, I am so relieved for you... I know you must have worked so hard on that MBA and dissertation - the course I took was hard enough work and that was one under the MBA - well done you...

It should be nice to be able to craft or garden without the niggling in the back of your mind that the dissertation is sat there waiting for you to work on it.

I have every confidence that you will have passed...

Happy (and guilt free) crafting.

Paula x x x

Cardarian said...

I like your new profile photo! Love the flowers - you must have a lovely garden! Well done finishing your thesis!When will you be definding it??? ( or you don't have to??) Now you can enjoy life!
Hugs,
Cardarian

Ann said...

Well done Linby on getting your diss finished! A huge task I know. Enjoy some crafting time now. I finished a WIP yesterday - a cardigan is started knitting two years ago.... but I don't like it now! :o(

butlersabroad said...

WooooooHoooo! You're done!! Bet it will be all worth it though! I have the utmost respect for you (and Paula) as the thought of going back to my studies leaves me completely cold! Get out and celebrate! Love the new photo too!
Hugs
Brenda

Glen said...

Love the new profile photo. Well done on your accomplishment. The flowers are beautiful and brings hope for the future. Thank you for leaving a lovely comment on my blog. Strange how time ages us. *Ü* TFS. ~Glen~

Merry said...

Those flowers are beautiful and congrats on finishing your dissertation. Love that cross stitch too.