Tuesday, 20 April 2010

Red and white

I had this Greeting Farm image already coloured and wasn't sure what to do with her. So when I saw the challenges for Red and white it gave me that push to put her on a card. I've used free backing papers with a small square of white card run through the swiss dots folder. Added a couple of flowers and some fronds. the sentiment is a rub on. I'm entering her into:-
Cupcake Craft Challenge-red and white
Rosie-D's Challenge-red and white
Anyone for Anya - sweet as sugar
I had to travel on the motorway for work today. I noticed it was very quiet, I think because due to the lack people using the airport, as I use a route which goes close to the airport. I have two colleagues stranded abroad. One of them is setting off today and hopes to be back in England by Friday otherwise her latest flight offered on Monday was 28 April.

12 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

What a cutie - i have also mad e card for the red and white challenge - but struggles as its not a colour combo i use very regularly. You have done brilliantly.
I love the Image - she suits the red and those Dp's are perfect
Have a great day
Lisa ;)

Saskia said...

Great card for Rosie-D's Challenge!! Thanks for joining us!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

Debbie said...

A fabulous card Linby, I love that image...reminds me of the ones they used to have on the old fighter planes. The colours are great I always struglle with red & white but you have done a great job!
Hugs
Debbie x
PS: thanks for the heads up on the challenge...I entered my card :)

Mervi said...

Great image, lovely card.
Thanks for sharing this with us
Rosie D's; good luck;-))m

Bedeyete said...

Lovely card

Paula Gale said...

**oretend wolf whistle** - cute and hot - a bit 40's stylie!!!

Paula x x x

Paula Gale said...

that was supposed to say pretend!!!

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Linby, what a fab card. Love the cheeky image and your papers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Tracy said...

Great creation, thanks for joining Rosie-D’s challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

yvonne said...

Hi Linby
Great card, love tyhe colour combo
Thanks for joining us at AFA and Good Luck
Yvonne x

Caz said...

Hi Linby
Sorry to leave a message here, but I couldn't find any other way to contact you. DawnyP is poorly and that is probably why you have not heard back from her about your prize. Please leave it with me and I will contact DawnyP and get it sorted.
Caz
x

Amy said...

Great card. The red and white is very striking.