Monday, 26 April 2010

Vintage man


This is a card I have made for the "vintage man" challenge over at Ooh la la challenge. I felt sure I had something I could stamp for this but no they are all tooo girly! I brayered the background and then used some images from a book which I tore around and inked over. The sentiment is SU and punched out with the SU scallop oval punch which I thought looked very vintage. I put glossy accents over the images but it doesn't show up in the photo.
I had to go to London for work on Friday but got some time to hit the shops before I came home. I was in Liberty's and I saw this











The CD on the front contains all of the pages in the book it comes with. Each page has a number so you can look offline for the paper and then load the CD and easily select. I was in two minds whether to buy it but thought I might not see it online. As it turns out you can get it at Amazon considerably cheaper than I paid! There is also another one in the series with Folk Art papers. I just love the feel of the book it is almost a linen paper. I also looked at fat quarters of liberty fabric to put on some cards, not until I put my glasses on did I see they were £55 a bundle!!!! Didn't buy those then!
I'm going to the theatre tomorrow to see "When Harry met Sally" then a short absence due to work, but hopefully I will be able to schedule my desk for WOYWW.

13 comments:

Biscuitlid said...

ooh I like! And it's nice to see the papers you talked about on Saturday - very yummy, I see what you mean about having a touchy feely book to choose your papers from, how delish!

Enjoy the theatre, that's one I'd love to go and see so you can giggle and cry at it for me too!

Hugs
Victoria
x

Lisa Jane said...

A lovely vintage mans card . What a great idea. Love your buys too.. those papers look wonderful . I donlt blame you putting the fat quarters back! well done winning the Anyone for Anya challenge!
Lisa;)

Crafty Chris said...

Great card for a man, that looks like gorgeous paper, have a great time at the theatre, well done on the Anya challenge, have you been over at Chris's blog.
Christine x

Lynne said...

Brilliant man card, I always struggle with those, men are such a pain lol. Enjoy the theatre.
Lynne xxx

Crafty Chris said...

Hi Linby
Do you like the blog or do you think it is a bit OTT, lost everything today and then a couple of hours later got it all back again nearly died, didnt want you to miss the prize, enjoy.
Christine x

Rose said...

oh this is a prefect male card!!! love how you used photos :)

Beryl K said...

This is a fabulous vintage card. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at OLL
Beryl x

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Great vintage male card Lin :) As for the book it happens sometimes, as you say you may not have seen it elsewhere; it is a lovely book :)
Anne xx

Wendi said...

Wow what an utterly fabulous card I love the torn look and the images are lovely
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la
Wendi

Sara said...

Great card and clever way to get the images and give them a vintage style.

Hope you enjoy the theatre, we're off to see that when it comes to Sheffield.

Sara xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Ah Liberty - been caught out there myself! Lovely idea for the CD book, look forward to seeing your results.

Debbie said...

I love your vintage card Linby and your new book/cd looks wonderful...great idea to be able to see the papers beforehand....Libertys is one of my first stops whenever I hit London...but you are right they are pricey!
Hugs
Debbie x

Anne said...

Fabulous card for you to take part in our OLL challenge this time. Thanks for sharing. Hugs x