Monday, 7 June 2010

Angels

I'm going to try and get out of my comfort zone some of the time this week. This is my first attempt at being "arty". I was sorting through some magazines and realised I had an issue of Somerset Studio I had brought back from the US in 2006 - inside were some free clipart pages. The Angel in the middle is from that magazine. The angel at the bottom was part of a job lot of stamps from ebay years ago and I have never used her. In fact she was going to the charity shop when I thought, hang on.....she could be a bit arty! The saying underneath her is "Take heart my dear teacup angel is near" - so that then sent me on a teacup and teapot theme - along with all the other things you can see. The brown ribbon was from Molton Brown and that is why you can see lettering showing through it (too nice to waste though!). I used the SU very vintage wheel with blue momento ink to roll over yellow striped paper for the background. I have used a tag - but no ordinary tag it is huge. The white paper it sits on is 12x12 so that should give you an idea of the scale. I think I bought them for scrapbooking...........
It fits Blue, brown and yellow with Wings on the first challenge at "Anything goes" and also the challenge at Die Cut Dreams challenge for Angels.

9 comments:

Karen said...

Lovely Linby, thanks for joining us at DCD.
xx

Lisa Jane said...

what a fab tag. I love this style, so different from your usual and its great
Lisa ;)

flutterbycrafter said...

So much going on, it's lovely. Thanks for joining in Anything Goes.

Gez said...

Fantastic Linby. Great theme. :) Thanks for joining our 1st challenge. Hope you get chance to join us again soon. Gez.xx

Lynne said...

Wow love your tag it looks massive. So much detail. Thanks for join us at Anything Goes. x

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

It's gorgeous Lin, the colours you've used to decorate compliment the colour of the tag :o)
Anne xx

Nicola said...

So pleased you came out of your comfort zone to produce a beauty like this.
Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Dreams.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Biscuitlid said...

thi sis fab Lynn, I love the collage art you've created. Glad you didn't get rid of the teacup angel - she's fun and needs inking up again! i always save MB ribbon too!!

Fab to see you at Die Cut Dreams
Hugs
Victoria
x

Mummylade said...

what a marvellous tag! I'm so glad you joined the DCD challenge this week and good luck.