Saturday, 19 June 2010

An award, a card, fame, and my garden


This is an award I received from the lovely Kathleen at The Daisy Chain. Thank you.I need to pass it to 10 bloggers. As I gave a few awards out recently I would like anyone who visits to take the awards as you are all my friends and I don't want to have to choose.

I have made this card for two challenges. Bunny Zoe's Crafts challenge which is Nice and girly and The Sugar Bowl challenge who want you to use their sketch and have a theme of girly and feminine. The Sugar Bowl have relaxed their rule about combining challenges but you must still use a Sugar Nellie stamp which is why I got to use my fav image of Daisy. I also got to use two of my new Paula Pascaul stamps which I cut around with a nestie. The papers are K&Co from ancient stash!

My little bit of fame. I entered a competition for Papercraft essentials magazine late last year. They did say that anyone who did not win would be in the readers gallery at some point. I got a pack of foam tape from them with a comp slip telling me I was in issue 55. I went to two Newsagents and all they had was issue 56. I was telling Paula all this when I saw her on Tuesday and she said she might have it. She went through a pile of mags and I didn't think it would be there then we found the right mag but which issue was it? We both frantically searched the cover and shrieked when we found out it was issue 55 - this then left Paula in a lot of pain-sorry Paula! Anyway, here it is. It is the forever friends teddy card for a male.
I've been in the garden and thought I would share some more photos with you. The first is of an unusual type of Iris - my ex used to collect rare plants so I don't have anything that is run of the mill!
This ladybird I found hiding among the flowers and it was still there when I got back with the camera.
This next one is a bit of a mystery. When the flowers open, which they only do when sunny they are pointed yellow (not like dandelions but very thin petals) and then this dandelion type head comes out afterwards. Anyone know what it is, I don't remember it coming up before which makes me think
either the birds have dropped it or it is a weed.
It has taken far too long to do this post, mainly because of blogger playing up.

13 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
Your card is gorgeous. I just love Daisey and you've made such a good job of colouring her.
By the way Katleen is coming to see me on Tuesday.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Crafty Chris said...

Hi Lynn
gorgeous card I do love that stamp, and your colours are perfect, congrats on getting published, I bet your overjoyed with that, I dont know about the last one it does look like a weed, but the Iris is gorgeous.
Christine x
Hope your having a good weekend.

Lisa Jane said...

What a gorgeous card , that image is adorable and you have coloured it so well. Well odne on the mag publication and the pics of your plants are beautiful. I have no idea what that last plant is lol
Lisa ;)

Rose said...

precious card and congrats for the pub!!! your garden is beautiful :)

kayc said...

Congratulations on your win. I must have a look in all my magazines. I'm sure I will have that one somewhere. Lovely garden flowers! Kathleen x

Biscuitlid said...

wah-hey she's in print!!! Well done you. You must get yourself a copy of issue 55 now eh?

Gorgeous card and flowers too

hugs
victoria
x

Cheryl said...

oh once again hun one beutiful card your detail is just the best,so love the photos too great pictures,hugs cheryl xxxxxx

Lilian said...

Beautiful card and Daisy is just a fave! Gorgeous coloring and lovely details! Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge! Happy Sunday!

Congratulations on your magazine win! :)

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Hi Lin, beautiful card, love her stamps :-) ooer does that mean we have to tug our forelocks now when we speak to you ma'am hehe well done you! Can't help with the plant but surely some type of dandelion :-/
Anne x

MaryT said...

Really pretty cards Lynn and the iris is beautiful too. We have the same sort of puffy type of plant here and it isn't a dandelion either.

Mina said...

huge congratulations on being published and I love your Daisy card, she looks fabulous in these colours...thanks for joining in with the Bunny Zoe's monthly challenge
Mina xxx

Ann said...

Wow Linby - congratulations on being published! Brilliant! And that Iris is gorgeous isn't it. And your mystery plant? Looks like a Hawkbit to me but I can't see the leaves to be sure. It is a wild plant - but depending on where its growing, you might consider it a weed!! ;o)

Cheryl said...

Oh such a gorgeous card and so beautifully coloured!!! Congrats on being published,how exciting!!
xx