Saturday, 12 June 2010

Cupcakes, flowers and a box!

I made these today - Marshmallow cupcakes from the Hummingbird Bakery cookbook. They are filled with melted marshmallow - more like chewing gum when I tried to spoon it into the hollowed out cakes! I have made frosting so many times and for some reason today it would not thicken up so I had to go with it as it was. The stand I bought in Homebase yesterday for £7.99 - couldn't believe it as the cheapest I had seen them was £15. It is going on my desk afterwards to store crafty stash.
I took a few photos of flowers in my garden. The Aquilegias are almost finished now.

Some Poppies.

Alliums - another of my favourites, there were more than this, but the others haven't come up this year.
Finally the box I had on my WOYWW waiting to be made up. I did this at Victoria's class and she has the instructions for this and the cards inside, for sale on her blog (True Friend class). Victoria, if you are looking, yes, I know the front decoration is different to yours, but you know I don't do instructions LOL!

17 comments:

Rose said...

oh what yummy cupcakes!! your flowers are beautiful and that box..... WOW!! :)

Crafty Chris said...

Just love everything you have posted, the basket was cheap and its gorgeous, must have a look in mine, those cupcakes look fattening I can taste them here yummy,and the box is stunning.
Christine x

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Ooh all fab stuff Lin. The cakes look and sound delish yum yum. gorgeous box and as for the cakestand at that price I gotta get one ;-) After seeig several people with them I wanted one but didn't want to pay the price so ended up buying a 3 tier bathroom thingy which is still sitting on the floor. I think vertical storage is great saves mor space on the desk for creativity :-)
Anne xx

Wipso said...

He just might like a week with you too :-)
A x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
What a fantastically varied post. I'll bet the cupcakes are yummy looking. The box is fabulous - it looks fantastic. Our garden is well behind yours - we haven't really got anything in full bloom yet.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Biscuitlid said...

oooh scrummy looking cakes Lynn, yum yum! Gorgeous stand too, I do love a bargain.

Your flowers are beautiful and I've learnt the names of some of the flowers in my garden now too!

Love what you've done with the box, I actually prefer it to mine
Love
Victoria
x

kayc said...

Lovely yummy cakes. That cake stand is gorgeous. Love the flowers too. Kathleen x

Cheryl said...

wow hun everything on here is just yummy brilliant post hun,hugs cheryl xxx

Biscuitlid said...

ps - left you something fun on my blog!
x

Crafty Chris said...

Hi Linby
Did you know you won a challenge it was posted today, hate to spoil the surprise if you dont know, but I would hate it if you missed the prize, Im so jealous.
Christine x

Chrissie said...

All yummy stuff Linby, I really like your SU project. I wish I lived closer to Victoria!
Chrissie

Chris said...

Wow lots of eye candy going on there hun... love your garden pics and my mouth is watering at the thought of those marshmallow cakes...yummy.
Love your card holder booklet... tis really gorgeous.
hugs
Chris xx

Debbie said...

Hi Linby, Those cupcakes sound so yummy...they wouldn't last long if I was round there!LOL...and the cake stand is fab...a great idea to use it in your craftroom afterwards.
Your garden looks beautiful...in full bloom...at least we don't have to keep watering everything with all this rain we are having!
I love your box too...such a yummy colour combo.
Hugs
Debbie x

Cheryl said...

WOW a GORGEOUS box.....love the colours!!! YUM love the cupcakes as well!!
xx

Ann said...

Great post - we've got lots of plants in common Linby but I haven't got those gorgeous red poppies - they're LUSH!

Debbie said...

Hi Linby,
Sorry to bother you but could you please email me your addy so that I can mail out your candy....Thanks
Debbie x

Glen said...

I LOVE your cupcake stand Linby. *Swoon*. I'll be checking out my Homebase store for a bargain. *Ü* TFS. ~Glen~