Friday, 25 June 2010

"something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue..”

I'm entering this into the By the cute and girly challenge which is for "something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue..”. The theme in my newly decorated room is blue and yellow. This frame is from Laura Ashley and I have had it since 2006 - decided to put a picture into it to match the frame and the room. I created the scene myself using my "new" My Craft Studio programme. I am so thrilled with this CDrom and I have only opened the "ladies" cd so far. Of course what hooked me is the dress form, and so it features on the first thing I have done. I loved picking all the little elements and resizing and recolouring them. I borrowed the idea from interior design that is around at the moment.
After I printed it out I daubed some yellow and blue inks over to lessen the starkness of the white card background.

9 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Wow this is absolutely fabulous a Brilliant project. Definitely meets the challenge ove rat BTC&G - thanks for joining us
Lisa ;)

Biscuitlid said...

fab Lyn - I thought you'd stamped it all! Very you and great images
Love
Victoria
x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
This is beautifully done. I love the colours. The image you've created is fabulous.
I'm sure it will look well in your room.
Hugs,
Fiona x

kayc said...

WOW that is gorgeous. I'm sure it will look fabulous in your room. Kathleen x

Sara said...

I love what you've done to create the picture and I can see why you were drawn to the dress form, that's very pretty.

Sara xx

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

This is beautiful, love the colour combo and the ideal theme. Did you put fabric on the frame?
Anne xx

King Tom said...

Hi there,

I'm Thomas, part of the DotComGiftShop team.

I've written an article titled 101 Lovely Craft Blogs, which of course includes your excellent blog.

You can read the full article here:

http://www.dotcomgiftshop.com/blog/101-craft-blogs

I just wanted to check that you didn't have any problems with being included on the list? If you do, please let us know and we'll remove your site immediately.

If you could get back to me on:

dotcomgiftshopblog@gmail.com

...that would be great :)

Thanks for your time, drop us a line anytime.

All the best,

Thomas

p.s. please delete this message after reading it.


Thomas Baugh

http://twitter.com/thomasbaugh
T: +44 (0)1782 624256
M: +44 (0)7841 921295

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous Linby.
luv
Debby

Crafty Chris said...

I dont know how I missed this its gorgeous, great idea, lovely colours.
Christine x