Saturday, 31 July 2010

Embossed mirri card

I have a stack of coloured mirri card but never really used it. I saw the idea to put it through an embossing folder and I love the result - I've used a script folder and then punched with SU boho blossoms the two flowers at the bottom. I've also used one of the cuttlebug vintage corners which I can't believe I ever managed without!

Ever since I won a sweet pea stamp a few weeks ago I have been hankering for more - so this is the first of many I have purchased - look out for the others!

I've followed the sketch on Sketch Saturday for the card and it also fits with these challenges
Sweet pea stampers - anything goes as along as it has a sweet pea stamp
Stampin B's design team - birthday card
Paperplay challenges - anything goes
Crafty Sentiments-embossing

Off to pick up my cross stitching from the framers now so back later with that.

11 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh my favourite colours - love this design.

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
Not your usual style but this is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colours and the image is special. Beautiful work.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Crafty Chris said...

Gorgeous Linby thanks for the idea I too have loads and never use it, usually just mat and layering but not that often.
Love that SP image and beautifully coloured, the corners really set it off, lovely.
Christine x

Lynne said...

Beautiful card Lynn, the embossed mirri card really sets the whole thing off.
Lynne xxx

Lisa Jane said...

What a beautiful card - the colours are gorgeous and the embossed mirri is a fabulous idea.
Did you know the theme at Crafty sentiments this week is embossing .. it would be a shame not to enter such a lovely card
Lisa ;)

Sarita said...

Fab idea with the mirri card Linby, the colours you've used are beautiful and I love the image,
Love Sarita xx

Benzi said...

Your embossed mirri is beautiful, as is the complete card. So glad you joined the Stampin B this week.

pinky said...

Lovely card and gorgeous image. I'm a big fan of mirri card i'm afraid, use it a lot and the embossing is just beautiful.
Pinky

kayc said...

I like that embossing. Kathleen x

Julie M said...

Gorgeous card, Lynn - the embossing looks great and I love your colouring on that pretty image.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

Joanne (jojot) said...

fab design, rich colors.....thanks so much for playing with the Stampin B's