Tuesday, 13 July 2010

Sewing card

I managed to get this card made this afternoon after a frustrating visit into the city. One of my craftrak cards was bound for Australia so I thought I may as well visit the main post office - big mistake! They have a new system whereby when you enter you get a number and then wait and wait and wait - 30 minutes in fact. The ticket helpfully told me that there were 60 people in front of me! However, looking around there didn't seem that many in the place so I began to wait. It became obvious that a lot had given up and left as numbers were announced and no one appeared. I heard the counter staff trying to sell credit cards and savings accounts, when it was my turn I think the lady saw from the look on my face not to ask if I had time to listen. At one point I thought about giving up myself but after I had invested 15 minutes I thought I might as well stick it out, the only benefit was I did have a seat!
Anyway, this card is another download from Crafts U Print. I have added the embellishment at the bottom from My craft studio Collectors edition and also the buttons were printed from the same CDrom. The dress on the form at the back was from another download of a shop - watch out for that one too! The whole thing is mounted on some striped paper courtesy of Fred She Said (thanks for the link Chrissie).

10 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
I love the colours and images on your card. It all hangs together very well. I love it.
Sounds as though the Post Office need and MBA os sort out their customer handling procedures.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Crafty Chris said...

Good to see you back with a gorgeous card and you have changed your blog again love poppies, hope you had a good holiday.
Christine x

kayc said...

Lovely card. Love the poppies too. Kathleen x

Cheryl said...

oh love this,those poppies are just gorgoues,hugs cheryl xxxx

Merry said...

Omg....waiting 30 minutes at a Post Office...that is amazing. Love this card such a wonderful image.

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Beautiful fun card Lin :-) ooh how frustrating, but I know what you mean after waiting so long you feel you may as well sit it out - next time take a book to read hehe.
anne xx

Spyder said...

This is lovely, even I like it and I can't sew for toffee!! Love the colours...Have a good day...and as for 'waiting'...my worse is the doctors ...four hours!! only to be told they'd lost my notes and to come back another day...(because they wanted to go home!)

Twiglet said...

Hi Lin - Just read your earlier blog - yes it was great to meet you too!! Do let us know if you are escaping to Shropshire again. So glad you found W & T fabrics. I could spend a fortune in there. I have spent this morning making the red top for Annie so I bet she will be stocking up again soon! Love your cards. All the best. Jo

Lynne said...

Super card, love it.
Lynne xxx

Rose said...

what a fantastic card!! love it :) sorry to hear about your trip to the post office, at least you have chairs.... we don't and let me tell you tempers get HOT!