Friday, 23 July 2010

Summer in Venice


I've made this card for a colleague who leaves work next week. It is partly due to restructure and an early retirement, so didn't want it to be a retirement card as such. I've used an image from My Craft Studio cdrom and printed it onto meltdust paper and sprinkled and heated with meltdust, so it really sparkles in real life. Then I printed an insert to go with it and put a little image on the back of the card with my new digital barcode. I also "distressed" the card on the back but wonder if she will think I just stood on it LOL!
I'm entering it into two summertime challenges because with the meltdust I think it looks like Venice in the summer.

Off to bed for me now as I have a big day tomorrow. I'm going to London with a friend who crafts and we are going to the Bladerubber store to a Susie Jefferson promarker class. Then we are having afternoon tea at the Athenaeum hotel. Will try and take pics if I remember!

16 comments:

Merry said...

Wow, brilliant card....I am sure your work colleague will love it. I like the sound of that meltdust paper. Where do you get that from? Also love your barcode on the back of the card...what a clever idea.

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
This is a fantastic card. Fabulous paper and scene. Brilliant work. I love it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Rose said...

oh this is stunning!!! have a great time in London :)

Melissa Craig said...

Very lovely card! I'm sure it will be well loved. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Biscuitlid said...

gorgeous card Lyn. Have a fabulous time and come back and show me how to use my PMs properly!
Love
Victoria
x

Ann said...

Oh a beautiful card Lindby! Love the glittery effect and the image on the back just finishes the design perfectly.
Do take some photos of your London trip - I'd love to see what you get up to!

Julia Dunnit said...

Marvellous card Lynn - love the meltdust effect. Gosh hope you're having a marvellous day!

Cheryl said...

this is just brilliant,hun the detail on this is just perfection,and she will just love it hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Ooh have a fab time, sounds wonderful ;-) Love this card Lin, it's always a pity when glitzy, glittery stuff doesn't show up well in piccys.
Only just realised I'd not visited Wed, can't believe I missed you. Have left a comment now :-)Anne xx

Lynne said...

Gorgeous card Lynn, very ethereal. Enjoy your day in London ( I`m not jealous honest).
Lynne xxx

kayc said...

Gorgeous card Lynn. Enjoy your day out in London. I'm sure you will. Kathleen x

Stephanie said...

Such an amazing card - quite stunning! Can't wait to hear all about your crafting day - I'm sure it was fantastic :) x

carol said...

brill card, so differnet, Thanks for joining in with Craftycatz challenge this week, x carol

Lindsey said...

Lovely card adn a great insert. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week xx

Theresa said...

Nice card!!

Thanks for celebrating with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Theresa

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely card thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz