Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Fav things

The challenge on Craft Your days Away is to simply put your fav things on a card. I have had the chair stamp which is part of a set for a few months now, and this is the first time it has seen ink - it is one of my fav things, so is the colour of the ribbon and using punches. The sentiment is a PTI stamp which I have used several times before.  I also like the chic look? that I have tried to emulate with this card. It was going to be very CAS but seems to have ended up a little more than that LOL! I have also used a piece of heavy shimmer acetate that I have had for ages and not known what to do with. I experimented with the bug and a few different materials I had and was pleased with this result. One that didn't work out so well was some funky foam - I have a pack of it and never got around to really using it and I thought it would emboss- but no it didn't-not enough to see it!
I'm also entering the card into:-
Fab'n'Funky-fav colour
Polka doodles-acetate
One stitch at a time-use a punch

21 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
This is beautifully crafted. I lov ethe background and image and the ribbon is fabulous.
Great card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Lisa Jane said...

what a beautiful elegant card .. that image is gorgeous and i just lurrrve the ribbon its so luxurious
Lisa ;)

Polly Pierce said...

Lovely card Linby
thanks for joining in with us this week at OSAAT, good luck, hope you can drop by next week too
Paula x

kayc said...

What a beautiful card. Love that ribbon too. Kathleen x

Lynne said...

Beautiful. The DP is perfect for the chair image and I love your ribbon.
Lynne xxx

MaryT said...

Hello Lynn really lovely card I like the colors. As always really nice work.

Sara said...

Love that ribbon and the matching pearls, such a lush colour. Tres chic!

Sara xx

NEEDLEWINGS said...

Lovely work. Also love the oriental piece:) BTW, what does the WOYWW stand for? It's very attractive. I just became a follower from an old Amazon forum that I came across:)

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Hi Lin, gorgeous card, love the colour combo :-) Try heating funky foam first then emboss it.
As for All Saints I only went in 'cos a friend of mine loves it - most of the stuff wouldn't be for me but I bought 2 Pirate Cardis.
Anne xx

Biscuitlid said...

whatever you had planned it to be it turned out to be just gorgeous!
Love it
Victoria
x

Crafting Joanne said...

Gorgeous card Linby, especially love the ribbon which also in my favourite colour.

Thank you for joining us for our first challenge over at CYDA.

Hugs

Joanne x

Merry said...

Such a lovely elegant card.

brenda said...

Hi there

A super card adn great use of acetate.

Thank you for joining in at Polkadoodles challenge this week.

B x

Tracy said...

Fab Entry, thanks for joining Polkadoodles challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Rainmac said...

Ooohhh I love this Linby, gorgeous colours and papers. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Days Away for our first challenge x

Spyder said...

Love this Linby! Very clever sentiment too! Love that ribbon. Thank you for joining OSAAT's Punch challenge this week, hope to see you tomorrow, forthe new one!!

((Lyn))

Susan's crafty chaos said...

Beautiful work! Thanks so much for joining us at OSAAT, and we'll have a new challenge for you tomorrow, so don't forget to check in :D

Tip Top said...

Great card! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

Padster said...

Just gorgeous - Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week
hugs,
Debbie x

Fliss said...

This is really lovely. The colours are gorgeous and I love the chair stamp which I have too.
Thanks for sharing with us at Polka Doodles this week and hope to see you again.
x

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Such a lovely card. Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge.